Chapter 4: Ghosts of Cultivation Past

Yunmeng City

Voice: Bai Yu Qin, I finally found you

Hearing the voice, everyone turns around. Jiang Cheng and Jin Ling unsheathe their swords. They see a woman, dressed in orange and black, carrying a sword with a black sheath.

Man With Burnt Mark: Clan Leader Jiang, you must arrest her! She attacked me out of nowhere!

Jiang Cheng: Miss, how can you burn people like that!

Voice: Mister, before complaining about me, why don't you tell your clan leader what you were doing?

Man With Burnt Mark: What was I doing, huh? I was just standing here at this shop.

Voice: Really? (calls the woman at the shop) Miss, do you have your money pouch?

Woman at Shop: Yes, it's..Where is it?

Voice: This man stole it when he bumped into you earlier. (looks at man) Hit two birds with one stone, didn't you? (clenches sword)

Man With Burnt Mark: (seeing sword) No, no, please don't attack me. (to the woman at the shop) Miss, I'm sorry. Here's your pouch.

Jiang Cheng: Mister, if this happens again, you'll be arrested.

The man apologizes and leaves. Jiang Cheng and Jin Ling put back their swords. The swordswoman walks up to the four of them.

Jin Ling: Miss, who are you?

Bai Yu Qin: Shijie, what are you doing here?

Wei Wuxian: (surprised) Shijie?

Bai Yu Qin: Did you have to burn his hand? Couldn't you have just told him off?

Voice: So that he can just do the same to someone else? No. He needed a more permanent punishment.

Jiang Cheng: Lady Bai..

Bai Yu Qin: This is my older disciple sister, Fang Hui Zhen(芳慧真*).

Jiang Cheng, Jin Ling and Wei Wuxian bow to Fang Hui Zhen and introduce themselves.

Fang Hui Zhen: Clan Leader Jiang, I apologize for causing a scene. I can't tolerate these kinds of people, especially if they are near my careless sister.

Bai Yu Qin: (eyes widen) Shijie, I'm not careless.

Fang Hui Zhen: Really? Where's your sword?

Bai Yu Qin: (looks away) I..

Fang Hui Zhen opens a Qiankun bag and takes out a sword. The sword has a dark blue sheath, engraved with silver winds. She hands it over to Bai Yu Qin.