20. it's a...

p a r k e r

"Where do you want this box?" I ask Olivia.

"Could you put it on the table? Once all of my boxes are delivered, I'll sort all of my mugs and cutlery." She motions toward the dining room.

This morning, I called the movers to help pack all of Olivia's belongings and transfer them to my condo. I don't think Olivia realized how quick I wanted the move-in process to be.

This week has been a whirlwind of emotions. Immediately after the news of Olivia's pregnancy got out, I was called into the office. Surprisingly, I didn't get into trouble, but I know they think differently of me. I hate that everyone believes my commitment to the team will falter because I'm becoming a father. Then again, they're not in control of my life.

Aside from all the drama, I'm so proud and relieved that Olivia has gained positive attention. I was so worried about her wellbeing after she fainted and then had to deal with the so-called "pregnancy scandal." I'm just glad we're both moving forward together.

Today is a busy day for us. After Olivia is settled in my condo, we have to attend our appointment, then a gender reveal party that Annalise and Hayden are throwing for us, then rush to the set of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon for Olivia's segment.

Not to mention, the first playoffs game for the Blaze is tomorrow. I can only hope my team trusts me enough to lead us to victory. Sandra warned me that I will be getting a lot of questions about the pregnancy during interviews. Something I'm really looking forward to... Note my sarcasm.

On the bright side, I've received numerous endorsement deals with athletic companies. They want to highlight how you can balance fatherhood and a professional athlete career. Something I wish everyone could see.

While I'm dealing with a lot of stuff, I love my life. What's not to love? I have a beautiful roommate slash girlfriend slash baby mama slash love of my life, a baby on the way, and hopefully a Stanley Cup. I am the luckiest bastard in the whole world.

"Parker." Olivia pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I didn't hear what she said before.

She giggles. "I asked if we should put the baby stuff in the other bedroom." I cleared out the extra bedroom in my condo to transform it into a nursery. There's still a shit ton we need to buy, but it's a start.

"Oh, sorry. Yeah, let me grab those boxes." I grab the boxes filled with gender neutral baby clothes that my parents sent. Speaking of parents, Olivia hasn't contacted her family since news broke out. I totally understand why she hasn't. If they were my family, I'd completely cut off contact with them. But, I'm holding out hope that maybe they can reconcile with each other.

•••

"We should probably get going. Our appointment is in thirty minutes." She looks down at her apple watch.

Dr. O'Hara will be emailing the gender results to Anna and Hayden. They're setting up the party as we speak. They invited my teammates and a few of Olivia's other friends.

Annalise and Hayden are throwing a gender reveal for us, so Dr. O'Hara will be emailing them the results. Olivia's friends invited a few of my close teammates. My family will be on Skype, awaiting the gender, as well. Other then that, I have no idea what to expect with this party. They were insistent on keeping all details of the gender reveal a secret.