Chapter 2

We drove for about 3 hours before stopping in a town called Carlsbad for dinner. The sun was already sinking on the Eastern horizon, turning the sky into a beautiful watercolor painting of dark blues, purples, oranges, and pinks.

I sighed at the beautiful sight and pulled off my earbuds, walking into the greasy-smelling Wendy's. I made my way over to the bathroom while my mother waited in line to order food.

A few minutes later, I was sitting in the car munching on fries. The sun was now nowhere to be seen, leaving the desert in an eerie twilight. I don't know if you've ever driven in the desert at night, but its about the equivalent of being in a dark room where strange noises are playing. Of course, I was used to it by then, so I put my earbuds in yet again.
I was definitely prepared for, at least, the traveling part of the trip. I clicked on the playlist titled "Night Driving" and hit shuffle. Ends of the Earth by Lord Huron started playing and I pulled my brother's Spiderman blanket on.
I rested my head on the window and gazed up at the stars. Who else was looking at them right now? Other kids going to the camp? Harry Styles? I pondered this as my head grew heavier and my eyes drooped closed.

***
Just a few minutes later, it seemed, we were pulling into my grandparents' driveway. We had stopped at their house to rest for the night.
My grandparents lived in a small town called Lamesa, which was pretty much in the middle of nowhere. I had always loved coming there, as it had a beautiful landscape and it was very quaint. They had a large house that had about an acre of land surrounding it. I sighed as I walked past the old swing set I used to play in all the time and into the large house. My grandparents were at some convention, so my family and I had the house to ourselves.
We were all pretty tired and irritated from sitting in a car for basically 5 hours straight, so all we did was dump our bags in our rooms and change before getting in bed.
Except for me.
The combination of the fact that I had just slept for two hours and the fact that by that time tomorrow, I would be in Sherman, kept me wide awake for the next few hours. I reached over to my phone that was charging on the nightstand and turned on my data. I wanted to save up my data for the next three weeks (no wifi at the college I'd be staying at), but desperate times called for desperate measures. I opened Twitter and went to my profile.
"Just a few tweets", I mumbled.

About an hour and a half later, I was still looking at the screen of my phone. Sighing, I typed my last tweet for the night.

Goodnight guysysysysyssys. I love the boys and you all so much ugh.

I plugged my phone back in and set it on the dresser, rolling over into a more comfortable position. I sighed as I went over all of the things that could go wrong over the next few days. Who knew going to summer camp could be so nerve-wrecking?

After about half an hour of worrying, sleep finally came.

A/N
Hiiii everyone :)
I hope you're enjoying the story so far, I really love writing this bc it was inspired by true events and idk its just really fun lol.
Just a quick note, whenever I say "the boys" I mean One Direction. Idk saying their name just sounds really weird and I dont like it :/
By the way, all the songs/bands I mention on here are ones I really like so you should check them out :)
Anywayyyy I do have a Twitter and an Instagram if you want to follow me (that would be nice hahahah)
Twitter- @oasisstylesx
Instagram- @dyan.raylene
And yeah have a nice day/night yall :)

Dyan .x