Chapter 5

After tons of anticipation, the UA 20XX end of year dance had finally arrived. Every student from all over the school was currently busy getting ready, wether that be getting dressed, putting on makeup, picking up outfits delivered by parents, etc. The girls of class A were all busy bustling around Mina's room, making sure that everything was perfect.

"Mina, do you have any extra lip gloss?"

"Hagakure, have you seen my shoes?

"Momo, are you finished making my dress yet?"

As Momo had finished the last of the dresses, she looked over at where Jirou was currently putting on her makeup. The two of them hadn't spoken since Momo's feelings had become known a couple of days before. Suddenly Jirou started walking towards Momo, and based on her body language it was clear that she was about to speak to Momo about something. Momo was thrilled; even though it was clear she was never going to get the relationship with Jirou that she wanted, she hoped the two of them would still be able to be friends. "Yes, Jirou?" she asked, with a smile on her face.

"Did you drop off Denki's tuxedo at his dorm room like I asked you too?" Jirou replied, a complete deadpan expression on her face.

Momo's face fell, as she could sense that was the only reason Jirou wanted to speak to her. "Yeah, I did."

"K. Thank you." Jirou looked down at her phone and then walked away.

Momo almost wanted to cry, but she didn't as no one was really aware of her feelings for Jirou besides Asui, and she did not feel like explaining herself. "Let's just not think about Jirou for the entirety of the dance, and try to avoid her and Kaminari at all costs. I want to enjoy tonight and not have to worry about anything," Momo thought to herself. Momo then heard a pinging sound come from her pocket, so she pulled her phone out to see if it was a new message. Sure enough, she had received a text from Todoroki stating that he was waiting outside Mina's dorm with the rest of the class A girl's dates, waiting to pick her up. Momo then remembered that she needed to think of a way to tell Todoroki somehow that she was glad they were friends, but wasn't really interested in pursuing a relationship with him. Unbeknownst to her, Todoroki was having a conversation about that very subject while waiting outside of Mina's dorm.

~~about three minutes earlier~~

Todoroki looked down at his phone as he walked down the hallway towards Mina's room, putting it away in his pocket once he had arrived and informed Momo that he was here. Midoriya, Sero, Ojiro and Kaminari were already there; waiting for their dates to finish getting ready so they could all head to the dance together.

"Hey Todoroki! How are you?" Midoriya called out.

"I'm doing fine, thank you. I assume you're here for Uraraka?" Todoroki said.

"Yeah," Midoriya blushed. "How about you? What brings you here?"

"I'm here for Yaoyorozu."

"Oh that's cool. Hope you guys have fun together!" Midoriya smiled.

"Yeah, you guys too." Todoroki replied, pulling his phone back out again.

"Hey, I'm sorry to interrupt, but did you say you were here for Momo?" Kaminari asked.

"Yeah, why?" Todoroki asked, confused as to why Kaminari cared about his love life.

"You know she has a thing for Kyoka right? Kyoka told me that she and Momo got into a fight about it the other day," Kaminari stated.

"What do you mean?" Todoroki was still puzzled.

"Well, you know how Momo and Kyoka are like best friends right? Apparently it turns out that Momo had a thing for Kyoka this whole time, and she was trying to talk her out of dating me so that she'd go out with her instead. Don't you think it's kinda weird that she's willing to go on a date with you if she just got rejected? Plus, since she had a thing for Jirou, she probably isn't into men," Kaminari said with a shrug.