Chapter Two. Lily (2.2)

In this way, the whole day has passed. In the end, it turned out to be quite productive, Lily thought, walking alone towards the bus stop where she was supposed to take the bus home. Due to her mood spoiled in the morning, Ashley decided to leave early, so she left her friend alone. And Lily understood Ashley's decision: not every day you could meet a former classmate who point-blank refused to notice you. And this was after several years of joint study! So unpleasant of him! Shame!

However, okay. Not wanting to take on with the situation with Roy anymore, Lily tried to get his image out of her head, turning her attention to something else. For example, the following.

Almost the entire day, the girl's thoughts were occupied with the October Contest, for which she wanted to apply. And this decision was caused not by Lily's desire, but more by her mother's. Lily had already known: before she reached home, her mother would pounce on her with questions about her studies. Then, like it or not, Lily would have to confess about the contest. But that was merely okay. The girl herself was interested in the event too. It was curious. Each student had to prepare a report. In this report, it was necessary to tell about your element, the benefits of this particular magic, where it could be used, and much more. The competition was curated by Professor Howard. And this was another plus in the piggy bank for participating. In general, it was a tempting action. Still, it was necessary to think over this report again, but Lily planned to do this already at home. At home, not now.

When the bus arrived, Lily calmly went inside, paid her fare out of habit, and then went for a walk around the cabin, searching for an empty seat. Finding one only towards the end, Lily sank into a chair, and soon the bus started off. The girl sighed long, drawing attention to the landscape outside the window. For some reason, it became a little sad. Now she had a full hour's journey. A full hour's journey in silence because Ashley went home in complete disarray, and hardly anything could make her write to Lily now. The girl decided not even to get her phone on this occasion. Lazily watching the alternating streets, Lily thought about something of her own. And her thoughts were occupied with many events. Still, almost every event from this multitude brought her back to one person.

Roy Sullivan. Lily frowned as she reminded how the guy had appeared at Professor Howard's lecture. It was so arrogant, rude, and ugly for him. Roy interrupted the professor, ignored Ashley, which upset her very much, and after...

This exchange of glances. Lily has never seen eyes like Roy's. They were so unusual and weird. It would seem, what could a glance say about a person? A lot. But Roy's said even more. The feeling was that the guy wasn't looking but was watching intently. And that watch was due to reveal all the weaknesses of the people around him. A furtive glance, but at the same time quite attractive. Yes, it was "attractive," at least, like a magnet, it had attracted the attention of all girls within a corridor.

Lily chuckled. Whatever you may say, but still, it was "something." When the mythology lecture ended, the group seemingly went crazy, obsessed with this Roy Sullivan. The female half raged most of all. Everyone suddenly wondered where Roy came from, why he was transferred, why Professor Howard did not know about it. Surrounding Roy, the girls and some of the guys reminded Lily of fish hatching from the roe.

The girl burst out laughing. Fish hatching from the "Roe" and their loving daddy "Mr. Salmonvan." Funny.

Lily, of course, did not approve of all this. Keeping a distance from the guy all day, the girl watched him from afar. And one thing Lily could say for sure. There could be no mistake in her conclusions. The look that seemed predatory and evil hid the same "predatory and evil" person. And it was better not to approach the predators, you know. So, Lily decided to stay away.

At that moment, a familiar signal sounded from her backpack. A new message has arrived. Lily did not have notifications on all dialogues, so if the signal passed, then someone important wrote. Quickly pulling out the phone, the girl found that the message came from Ashley. That was strange. She didn't seem to be in the mood to talk.