Chapter 22: Uh... date?

Jennie wanted to make her father’s funeral short since she wished that he will be able to solely rest in peace. Being said that, they compromised and agreed to have one day of mourning then tomorrow will be the burial. Few people were invited. It was mostly relatives and close friends of the family because as far as Jennie was concerned, she didn’t want any rumor to disperse about her father’s cause of death.

There, at the corner, sat an old lady. Her silky brown hair had turned grey as a sign of aging. She was wearing a simple black dress matched with a black blazer. Gripping a white scarf on her hand as she dried her sad tears.

“Aunt Sasha, condolences. I’m really sorry for your loss.” The blonde, who just arrived, let out.

Sasha gave a brief nod before looking back at the coffin where her partner laid peacefully. As reality hit her, she felt her heart ached. The feeling of losing someone you love was indescribable. “Honey...” Uttering that word made her burst into another set of tears.

Nallalisa silently excused herself, walking toward the casket. Inhaling, she placed her hand on the glass. “Uncle, I don’t know what happened between you and Jisoo. I hope things didn’t end this way... We were so close to finding a heart donor, you didn’t have to do this but I want to thank you because now Jisoo’s not in danger... Don’t worry, I’m not mad at you nor my mother, well, maybe daddy is but he’ll come around,” Releasing a soft sigh, she continued. “rest in peace uncle even if you had been selfish to me, I–I still owe you a lot for not abandoning my child.”

“Is kindness running through every Manoban’s veins?”

Hearing a voice from behind her, she spun around. Nallalisa acknowledged her presence. “Yeri,”

The small girl tilted her head. “You know, to be honest, I didn’t like you since I heard all sorts of bad things about you but then I found out it wasn’t true plus without you, I will not have a super gorgeous and adorable nephew.” Not quite sure why she was being this talkative yet she didn’t stop. “Knowing that you are not a bad guy, I just want to let you know that you have my support now.”

“I appreciate that but you see, your cousin is no longer interested in having any sort of relationship with me other than me, being a father to our child.” The blonde clarified. It was such an awkward moment for her to have a heart-to-heart talk with someone she was not close to.

At Yeri’s peripheral vision, she noticed that Jennie was peeping at them so she thought of a naughty plan. Leaning closer to the blonde, she whispered in her ear, “You will never know unless you try. And perhaps, you can give me a niece this time.” then she shuffled away from the flustered blonde with a confident grin on her face.

“Ahem, do you want something to drink?” The brunette, plastering a serious face, inquired as soon as she approached her.

“Oh, uh, coffee will be nice,” Nallalisa replied. Jennie started waddling off without saying anything so she followed her. “Condolence.” She said before deciding to shut her mouth since there was nothing left to say or she was just being nervous all of a sudden?

The two stopped in front of a long table with two coffee dispenser and a lot of snacks. The brunette grabbed a mug and went to the coffee dispenser while Nallalisa stayed eyeing her.

“Black coffee with two spoons of milk and half spoon of creamer with no sugar.” Jennie handed her the mug.

“Thanks, you still remember.” Nallalisa smiled. Even with this simple gesture, her heart skipped a beat.

“I used to make you one every morning so how can I forget?” Jennie answered, as a matter-of-factly.

“Yeah, you used to.” And before things become uncomfortable, she immediately added, “Can I bond with Louis and Luke this Sunday?”

“Sure. What time are you going to pick them up?” Jennie asked as she placed the snacks on the other side of the coffee dispenser.

“Around ten in the morning. I want to take you and the children somewhere, I mean that’s if you want to go with us.” Nallalisa rubbed her nape.

“Oh, I’m not sure, mama ne—” She was cut off.

“I’ll be fine, go with the children.” Sasha touched Nallalisa’s shoulder, picked something on the long table, and went back to her seat.

“So it’s settled then?” The blonde consulted just to make sure. Jennie nodded her head. “Uh, great. I’ll go ahead now. I still have work to do so, uh, I’ll see you on Sunday, I mean you and the children.” The two walked towards Sasha. “Mrs. Kim, I’ll be taking my leave. Once again, I’m sorry for your loss.”

Jennie watched her as she strolled out of the door.

“Why don’t you give her a chance?” Sasha raised a question.

“But I don’t—” Jennie didn’t finish her sentence because Sasha spoke again, “I disagreed and argued with your father many times but he was really blinded by his anger so I shut myself up to not ruin our family... I’m sorry I wasn’t able to do anything for you and Jisoo but baby girl, I want your son to grow up with his father and I know that Kookie is the right person for you... You’ve been through a lot and obeyed your father for the sake of your child but I wish for you to choose happiness this time. Be with the person you truly love.” The two hugged each other tightly. “I saw how Kookie looks at you and how much she still loves you... I know you feel the same no matter how hard you try to hide it so go now before it will be really too late for you.” Breaking the hug, she urged Jennie to chase after Nallalisa. And without thinking twice, the brunette ran out and thankfully, saw Nallalisa, who just finished answering a call, was almost about to enter her car.

“LALISA!!” Jennie shouted so loud that gained the attention of the people around and the blonde, herself.

Getting confused and curious, Nallalisa waited for the girl who was sprinting towards her. “Wha—” She wasn’t able to speak because soft lips shut her mouth.

She held Jennie’s waist, pulling her closer while the latter wrapped her arms around her neck. The two bussed like they were the only people in the world. Through the kiss, each one of them conveyed how much they miss and love each other.

When the two pulled apart, they rested their forehead together. “Woah, and what was that all about?” The blonde interrogated.

“I missed you so much.” Jennie bit her lower lip, embarrassed at her reckless action.

A smile invaded Nallalisa’s face. Wanting to hide it, she decided to rest her chin on Jennie’s head. “I missed you so much too. You have no idea how much I want to hug and kiss you when I first saw you after all those years.” Bursting into tears, Jennie buried her face on Nallalisa’s chest.

A few minutes later. Jennie composed herself. “I’m sorry.”

Nallalisa wiped her tears using thumbs. “It’s amazing how you haven’t changed at all. Still as and I want to make this clear between us... So what do you think?”