Chapter 23: Introduction

▪One Year Later▪

All the damaged properties had been compensated. Thankfully, when the incident transpired, no one came after Jisoo’s neck because it will be such devastation to send her to prison as soon as she recovers.
Doctor GD finished the realignment of her nose. He made sure that it will still look the same and there will be no evidence of her undergoing a nose operation. Doctor Jay was able to mend her dislocated arm and the best dentist was able to restore her teeth. Although she’s still in her deep siesta, everything healed flawlessly and no complication occurred hitherto so Jisoo’s consultant said she can go home.

Delighted at the news, Lucy and Charlie brought her to their house to look after her. Doctor Bobby visit her three times a week to monitor her condition and Irene decided to be her private nurse.

*ding dong*

Someone rang the doorbell.

*ding dong*

A static noise came out from the speaker stationed underneath the doorbell button and along with it, a voice can be heard but it was difficult to decipher what message it was transmitting.

“I can’t hear you.” Confused, the visitor was about to press the button again but stopped when the gate made a 'click' sound. Entering the house, the guest roamed her eyes around, wishing to greet the owner however she saw nobody. “Hello?” She turned her head. “AHHHHHH!” She got startled when she came face-to-face with a woman wearing all-white clothes.

“Chaeyoung, it’s too early for ghosts to wander around.” Irene released soft laughter.

“Yeah, you are right.” Chaeyoung chuckled at herself too. “Anyway, sorry I’m here again.”

“If our parents allowed you to visit then I’m not going to stop you.” Exchanging an awkward smile, Irene excused herself. Stopping halfway, her back facing the redhead, she said. “You know, I’ve been thinking if you want to make amends for what happened before then do as you please but keep in mind that I’ll be watching you.” then she was out of sight.

With a smile on her face, Chaeyoung went upstairs. Opening Nallalisa’s old room door, she stepped inside, placing the paper bags she was holding on the side table before taking a seat on the stool beside the bed. “Seriously, when are you going to wake up? Louis wanted to see you. He even started addressing you as the ‘funny Auntie’, I guess he got fond of your silly jokes the first time you two met.” The redhead let out a low giggle. “... Seeing you like this makes me feel guilty. If I didn’t leave you then this will not happen... I won’t let this happen.. but if I didn’t then who would have taken care of Jennie and Louis? Who would be the mother of Luke? I think of this as a valid excuse for what happened or maybe I’m just justifying my actions?” She took a deep breath and kept talking about random things. “… I called you so many times after I left. Guess I just can’t move on from you but sadly, it’s either you don’t pick up or Lisa answer the call... The hardest part was that I have to cry myself to sleep for months... Will it be odd if I say that my feelings for you didn’t change? Oh wait! Don’t you dare think I’m playing wifey’s heart because I don’t. I do love her, she’s my best friend and we broke up, well technically not really like break break since our relationship was all for a show, but I assume it’s the same thing, right?” Another chuckle escaped her lips. “Okay enough of my drama. I’m not even sure if you can hear me but whatever haha. I hope you’ll wake up soon because everyone misses you...” She kissed the back of Jisoo’s hand. “I miss you.” The redhead closed her eyes for a brief second before she stood up, fixing the content of the paper bags. “Your birthday is fast approaching, hmm, what should I give you?” She questioned as if someone will answer her. “Come on, wake up! I have something important to tell you.”