1

The night sky twinkled with the light of millions of stars. Sitting beside a window of the ship, Adora sighed in disbelief as she stared up at them. She still hadn't gotten used to their existence. Who knew, maybe she never would.

Travelling in space was... strange, to say the least. Being a void of nothingness with no air, it was impossible to go outside of their ship, Darla (Entrapta liked to name any kind of tech that she liked. Plus, Darla was a sentient ship), as the spacesuits were to be used only for emergencies. Luckily, Darla had been made by the "First Ones", so there were plenty of secret passages and rooms that had still been hidden from the crew, and Adora still got lost most days on the ship. Still, it would be nice to have some fresh, Etherian air during the Best Friend Squad's travels.

The food was weird, too. Bad, no, Adora actually enjoyed it quite a bit, but weird all the same. Of course, the crew would pack food for the first few weeks, but these trips usually took a few months, and sooner than they thought, it would be back to space food. There was a lot of that, though, all in sealed tightly in First Ones' packets that only Adora could read, and Entrapta, a little. Even though it had been tucked away for hundreds of years in crates dotted around the ship, the food didn't taste stale, just old, if that was even a taste.

Alone, it probably wouldn't be a nice experience, but with Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, and Catra, the ship felt a lot less big. Catra, especially.

Breaking her gaze from the inky black sky, Adora  sighed and made her way over to the control panel. She didn't understand much of what was written, it was Entrapta's job to commandeer the ship, but she did know how to chart a course. The crew were attempting to introduce magic to the rest of the universe, after losing the knowledge and ability to use it while Etheria had been trapped inside a pocket dimension.

So far, they had managed to bring magic to one world, a beautiful planet named Adonis, where, on a clear night, you could see all of its 347 moons, each one shining with a different coloured light. It had taken a little over nine months just to teach one town how to harness magic and bring it back into the planet. Adora hoped that they had gotten the message and spread the word all over their world.

The crew's next stop was Loralei, a planet that they knew virtually nothing about. It was small, though, but Entrapta had researched the planet, and it still showed a few traces of magic. That would make their job much easier, so it had become there second location.

A holographic version of the ship flickered up, and, a little ahead of it, was Loralei, just a circle on the screen. Below the picture, in small writing, read 197 hours to destination. A little over eight days, then. Etheria must be millions of miles away. Adora rested her head on her hand. Billions, even.

"Adora, finally!" Glimmer's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. "We've been looking everywhere for you. Come on, it's time to eat."

Taking her hand, Glimmer yanked Adora up and dragged her out of the control room. She hadn't grown any taller in the past year, and remained as short as she had always been. Looking down at her, Adora wandered once again how she could still have that upbeat and carefree attitude after everything that had happened. So much had occurred in her life, in all there lives, that had changed her so much, but she had still managed to bounce right back from it. Glimmer's stubbornness was something that Adora admired, yet was also exasperated by.

Apart from the control room and the kitchen, every room was completely bare, except for a window if it was on the outside layer of the ship, so it was quite easy to pick a random space and call it the dining room. Which was exactly what they had done. In retrospect, choosing to eat on the complete other side of the ship from the kitchen had not been the crew's brightest idea.