pilot

Kids, breakfast! Kids! Ugh, Phil, would you get them? says Claire.

 Yeah, Just a sec says Phil(busily on the phone).

 Kids! Okay says Claire( dropping the container).

 That is so ...Kids! Get down here! says Phil.

 Why are you guys yelling at us when we're way upstairs? Just text me says Haley as she and Heather walk in.

 Alright, that's not gonna happen and wow, you guys are not wearing that outfit says Claire.

What's wrong with it? says Haley and Heather together.

 Honey, do you have anything to say to your daughter and "niece" about her skirt? says Claire.

Sorry. Oh yeah, it looks really cute, girls says Phil(looking up from his phone.

Thanks says Haley and Heather together.

 No, it's way too short. People know you're both a girl; you don't need to prove it to them says Claire.

 Luke got his head is stuck in the banister again says Alex as she enters.

 I got it. Where's the baby oil? says Phil.

 It's on our bedside tab-(she mutters) I dunno. Find it. Come on! she says as she walks into the cupboard door.

(Commentary)

I was... out of control growing up. There, you know, I said it. I... I just don't want my kids to make the same bad mistakes that I made. If Hayley or my goddaughter never wakes up on a beach in Florida half-naked, I've done my job says Claire.

Our job says Phil.

Right. I've done our job says Claire.

Next scene : 

Buddy, why do you keep getting stuck like this? says Phil.

I thought I could get out this time says Luke.

I'm just gonna say it: he needs to be checked by a specialist says Alex.

There. Be free, Excalibur says Phil as (he frees Luke from the banister).

 I'm having a friend over today says Haley.

 Who? says Claire.

 Uh, you don't know him says Haley.

 Him. Him? says Claire.

 Oooh, a boy. You're gonna kiss says Luke.

 Shut up! says Haley (as the kids start arguing).

Easy, easy... says Phil.

 Luke, Alex, why don't you take it outside, okay? says Claire.

 And do what? says Alex.

Fight in the sun; it'll be a nice change. I'm kidding says Phil.

Hayley. Who's the boy? Do you know who he is Heather says Claire.

Yes, he's sweet, a little weird, has a weird way of saying things but cool I suppose says Heather.

 His name is Dylan. You know, I might as well just tell him not to come because you guys are just going to embarrass me again says Haley.

 Sweety, hang on a second. You're fifteen and it's the first time you've had a boy over. I mean, I'm bound to be a little surprised, but not embarrass you says Claire.

 I better go charge the camcorder. (Hayley groans and turns around to leave with Heather)I'm kidding! Come on, who're you talking to?  says Phil