Chapter 2 The Distortionist Part 2

Hyoma's P.O.V

           Hyoma ran through the hallway, trying to get to the room as soon as possible. He and some others had heard a lot of noise coming from there, that didn't seem to be related to Beyblade. And as Dynamis had told him, something was wrong. He could hear the footsteps of Hikaru, Yuki, Dynamis, and Kokichi, who were following him. Luckily, it didn't take long for them to reach the room Shu had told them about earlier. Upon entering, they noticed a lot of smashed mirrors, with strange liquid oozing from one of them. And not too far from it, on the floor laid Ken. Hyoma, Yuki, and Hikaru rushed over to their friend. Luckily, it seemed like Ken was waking up. He sat up, rubbing his head, before seemingly noticing the two bladers next to him. "Ken, are you okay?" Hikaru asked, sounding worried. "We're fine. I think" Ken said through his puppet, Besu. Hyoma then asked, "What happened here, Mr. Ken?". The reply he received was something he didn't expect.

        "Kyoya cracked a mirror, and then creepy singing started. There was a floating person here, that had a twisted spine, and I'm pretty sure they knocked us out with a metal bat".

         While Yuki and Hikaru looked really confused, Hyoma was suspicious. A surprise flashed on his face for a second, before he heard something strange.

"I do not believe you should be licking that, Kokichi..."

"Kokichi, are you listening?"

              He turned to see Dynamis looking, with a surprise on his face, at Kokichi, who had just licked the mirror that had a stage liquid oozing out of it. He looked like he was thinking for a second before he spit it out. "Yeah, that's definitely cyanide! But it has a strange flavor to it that's almost as salty as Keiko will be when she'll find out I did this". Despite knowing him for a year already, Hyoma was still not used to the fact that Kokichi's power was immunity to all poisons. "Is there a reason why you can immediately tell that that's cyanide?" Hikaru cautiously asked.

"Ask me no questions, and I will tell you no lies"

"But you lie even if we don't ask you anything!"

         Still, this made Hyoma suspicious about something. If only... there were two questions he left to ask... "Ken, you said that the figure was singing. Do you remember anything from the song?"

"Well, they mentioned the word 'monster' a lot of times. Also, they said something about a tear of cyanide and broke mirrors"

"Hmmm... wait...it couldn't be..."

"Hyoma?"

"...Can you describe what the person looked like?"

"White hair, twisted spine, wearing black clothing. Looked kinda old-timey"

          The second he heard that description, Hyoma stood up, looking terrified, he almost accidentally said "Christopher..." Which earned him a weirded out look from everyone else in the room. "Hyoma? You okay?" someone asked, but Hyoma wasn't fully paying attention. "Gather the others. Tell them to meet in the lobby" He said before leaving, ignoring the questions coming from the others who were in the room. He rushed to his room and dug through his backpack in search of something.

                       Tsubasa's P.O.V

             Tsubasa landed on the ground, surprisingly with no injuries, despite the fall. But he wasn't the only one. He could see the others on the ground next to him. He was the first to get up, still thinking about what had happened just now. It's a ghost, Tsubasa. A voice had said in his head before the ground disappeared. That made sense. After all, everyone's bey's had went right through it. "Is everyone alright?" Nile asked, and was met with the classic "yeah" and "I'm okay" from the others. At least everyone was alright. Kyoya then spoke up "Everyone's fine. But where are we?"