Voice note

"This is the last call for Annika Raichand , passenger of Air India flight no.985...please board the flight"

The announcement was made and Annika rushed to the boarding counter huffing and puffing.

She entered the plane reciprocating the smile the air hostess gave her.

A gush of relief passed through her veins when she sat on her corner seat. The air hostess began with her instructions and she looked out side to see the crowded air port of Singapore.

The flight bid bye to Singapore where she resided for four years. She checked her wrist watch , there was ample time to land.

She leaned back closing her eyes trying to have some sleep , anyway reaching back she'll have a lot to say and go through.

Closing her eyes she waited for sleep to engulf her but his blithe face came back tormenting her. She opened her eyes in a snap, she was determined to set everything right. Her eyes held guilt, but she was going back to set everything right.

*****
"I want reports of the construction site by the evening after the function", he paused for a second "set up a meet with the mehra's I need to finalize the details of the hotel collaboration" Shivaay ordered his personal assistant walking briskly in the elevator to heed home.

His personal assistant Mr mishra had  a hard time keeping up with his pace and noting down everything he said. He released a breadth of relief when the elevator doors closed.

Shivaay walked out of the glass building of Oberoi head office and directly entered his car. Driving it by himself he heeded to Oberoi mansion.

He had to be on time today, it was his grand father's 75th birthday .They had organized a puja just like every year and at night the ganpati aarti would take place.

Throwing the key to the valet for parking the car he walked inside to be greeted by none. All were all ready there at venue.

Keeping his watch on the dressing table he moved towards the bed where his outfit for the function was lying, maybe by Rudra.

He stood under the shower letting the water take away all the tensions of the day.

Quickly changing in the clothes and applying his cologne. As he opened the first drawer to come across a  picture kept hidden from everyone.

"You're missing this day for the fourth time" his expression was vague yet felt intense.

Keeping the frame back he focused on getting ready. Setting his hair to the point he left his room.

Sitting in the car he dialed his best friend's number

"Are you there already?" He questioned as soon as the call was received. No hi or hello , typical Shivaay Singh Oberoi.

"No but I'll be there in time" there was silence for a minute before Shivaay spoke "Till when are you going to feel guilty about that?"

"I am sorry " Aditya apologized.

"How many times I have to tell you that it was not your fault Adi ?" Shivaay asked  him.

"But I feel responsible for it Shivaay, if only I could do something for both of you" Aditya rejoined.

Shivaay chose not say anything because he knew Aditya too well. He'd always feel responsible for what happened.

"I am on my way and you better be on time " he hung up the call and stared out of the window.

There were so many people outside walking, shopping, eating and traveling to their destination accept one face which he wanted to see.

He had questions but none could answer them lest her.

****
Annika came out of the air port her eyes roamed around witnessing people bidding good byes and happily welcoming their loved ones.

Among so many people there was no one of her own. She signed and waited for the cab to turn up.

She sat in cab and waited for her best friend's call.

Her phone rang and she picked it up instantly.

"Gauri , I am here!" She said without greeting , a habit she got by a certain someone.

"I am at home too waiting for you , what was the need to take a cab Anni I was coming to pick you up right" Gauri chided her for her stubbornness.

"No need to bother so much , I just can't go home directly that is why I am coming to your place. So that I change and leave for the venue" Annika explained her side.

"Whatever, just be here soon idiot" Annika cut the call listening to her.

As the time was approaching she felt herself getting nervous.

****
"What the hell should I wear?" Annika questioned herself checking out herself in the floor length mirror in gauri's closet.

"Tell me , black or pastel pink?" She gave the options to Gauri for selecting.

"Black" gauri replied straightening her hair.

"Okay then pastel pink it is!" Annika finally decided and Gauri rolled her eyes. A old habit of Annika , she asks you your opinion but does what she likes.

Changing into the pastel pink skirt with the blouse of the same color with glittery fabric and pastel duppata she pinned horizontally across her shoulders. She wore jhumkas fore a change in jewelry.

In total twenty five minutes Annika was ready. Checking the time Annika and Gauri decided to leave.

"Listen!  Let your luggage be here only " Gauri proposed and Annika raised her eyebrow in question.

"By chance if they didn’t take you back home ?" She said playfully but Annika seemed thoughtful.

"You're right" Snnika obliged and Gauri chuckled at her.

"I was joking, idiot" she smacked her head

"But I am serious Gauri, if maa said she won't accept me back then I'll have no where to go... Even bhai wouldn't be able to save me" Annika rambled thoughtfully. Annika for a reason was always prepared for the worst to happen.

"Why are you so negative? Nothing of that sort of happen okay" consoled Gauri but Annika was pensive.

She knew the upcoming days were going to be an emotional rollercoaster for her.

                 °×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°
Another one is here

So shivika readers I was thinking of writing on 'vani' that is veeranshu and bani.

So should I or should I not?

Drop your view, comments.

Love

Seher