Chapter One: Backstage Shenanigans

"Aren't you excited?" Juliette, my roommate and best friend, shrieked. Very loudly, might I add.

"For what?" I replied, mindlessly flipping through a magazine.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe because we're going to see Guns N' Roses tonight?" she answered sarcastically.

"You do know the only reason I'm coming with you is that one of the guys on the poster looks like Saul, right?" I pointed out. You might be wondering how I know him-long story short, he's a good friend I haven't seen in years.

"Whatever. I suggest you start getting ready, though. The concert is in an hour," Juliette informed me.

"Yes, because it takes me an hour to get ready," I stated sarcastically as I got off the couch. Heading into my room, I lazily rummaged through my closet. I decided on a blue denim skirt with a few rips and a shoulder-less black top. And because I gave zero fucks, I finished off my outfit with my iconic black Converse, which I might have borrowed from Saul back in the day. It amazes me how they still fit. Plus, there was no way l'd be wearing heels.

After doing my hair and all the other stuff girls do, I decided I didn't want to carry anything, so I grabbed my keys, cigarettes, and lighter, them into the living room where Juliette's purse was sitting on the kitchen counter. So I did what any good friend would do: I put my stuff into her purse.

"What are you doing?" Juliette inquired as she entered the room, brushing her hair.

"Putting my shit in your purse," I answered.

"You're such an ass," she mumbled.

An hour later, we made it to the Whisky A Go-Go, where Guns N' Roses would be playing. I may have gotten a little tipsy while waiting for them to come on. A few minutes later, a short, plump man came onto the stage to announce that the band would be on shortly.

"I'm so excited, man," I slurred to myself, leaning on Juliette.

"That's great. Get off me," she replied, pushing me away.

After the man left the stage, the band came on. First, a redheaded man with tattoos up and down his arms appeared. He was followed by a tall blonde with a bass, then a shorter blonde twirling drumsticks through his fingers. Another guy walked on next with shaggy black hair and a guitar slung over his shoulder. Lastly, came the guy l assumed was Saul—he had a guitar and a head full of curly hair. It had to be him.

"Alright," the redhead chuckled into the microphone with a voice deeper than the Pacific Ocean, "we're Guns N' fucking Roses, and this first one's called 'Welcome to the Jungle."

I don't think I prepared myself enough because when the guy started singing, it was a completely different experience. I had never heard anything like it. The fact he could sing so high and speak so low amazed me.
The rest of the band was phenomenal-so different and yet so amazing compared to any other band l'd seen at the Whisky or the Troubadour.

I was so starstruck I didn't even realize when the band finished. From the energetic drummer who never missed a beat to Saul, prancing around and never missing a chord, I was completely captivated.

"Hey, we should definitely sneak backstage," I slurred to Juliette once I snapped out of my trance.

"We definitely shouldn't do that," she disagreed.

"How else am I supposed to talk to Saul? I mean, who's gonna stop me?" I questioned like a child told 'no.'

"Maybe the security guard by the door," Juliette explained with a
'duh' tone.

"Pfft, I can take him," I scoffed.

"You are not knocking out the security guard, Rox," she huffed, crossing her arms.