2

the walk to the diner seemed to take forever. neither of us had said anything, we just walked together in a comfortable silence

after a while, we walked into the store. the place was deserted but it seemed very lively.

"hello how may i help you" a woman said.

"two ice cream cones please" tendou said,

"what flavor would you like sweetheart" she asked looking at me.

"umm... (favorite ice cream) please"

"and for you dear?" she says looking at tendou

"chocolate ice cream, maam"

he paid for the ice creams while i waited for them to be made. i help but be amazed at how she makes the ice cream. how does she toss it into the air like that AND SHE CATCHES IT EVERY TIME. i'd drop that shit for sure.

tendou stood next to me, watching me be amazed at the woman in front of us. damn hes staring at me. why wont he look away. do i have something on my head or face.... this is a bit awkward. hes really cute and honestly, i'd stare at him too but im not at all attractive. i want to hideeeeeee

"here you go dear" the woman says while handing us our cones

"thank you miss" i said, giving her a warm smile. i turn around and see that tendou already picked out a booth for us.

hes reading it again? and it isnt smart to read your brand new manga with a chocolate cone in hand

"youre going to get the book dirty tendou" i said sitting across from him.

he glances at me and lets out a heavy sigh. did i say something wrong? i should probably apologize...

"oh im-" i noticed that he looks like he desperately want to tell me something. for the first time, hes looking at his hands and his lips are pursed..he looks nervous. what does he want to say?

"hey y/n" he says interrupting my thoughts.

"yes?"

"what happened earlier. i know i said that i would wait until you chose to tell me but you still look sad" he said with a genuine concern look

i sighed loudly and i looked at my hands. its not that i dont trust him, its just that my answer isnt straight forward. it about my dad and my mom. i cant just say "hey my dad beats me because i remind him of his dead ex wife who is also my mother". how the hell do you say that.

"im sorry i shouldn't have asked" he frantically

"no no its fine, im just thinking is all"

"so? are you okay? you can tell me you know" i glanced at him to see what he looked like and i wish i never did. his face screamed "i really care for you so please tell me when you're ready and i'll be here to comfort you". i felt tears beginning to form around my eyes.

why am i crying right now? is it because someone genuinely cares about me? or is it because i desperately need to vent and he happens to be here? either way.. i need this. this is so damn weird. why do i want to tell him every single little thing? usually im really guarded about my home life or just in general but for some reason, i want to tell him my entire life story right here.

i wipe my tears away before they could fall.

"my mom died 5 years ago when i was 11, it was a brain tumor. we lived in america but i had to come to japan to live with my father. he isnt the best person in the world" i chuckled at the last part to ease the pain and tension. hes been quiet for a while.. maybe he wants me to continue.