Chapter 1

Chapter 1

My life took a major twist when my whole family was destroyed right before my eyes. I had so much to learn about my heritage, about myself as a person. What am I and why me?

My whole species was killed off by a clan of vampires. I was nine at the time of the catastrophic memory. I was the heir to the tribe. The black chief. Also known as the black cat leader. I'm the child that is connected to all cat kind, Tigers, Cheetahs ..... even domestic house cats.

I was the only cat shifter and leader that had the power of immortality. This is the reason a clan of vampires declared war on my kind. I was the key to the bloodshed. This clan of vamps only live for so many centuries till they turn to dust. The leader wanted this immortal power for himself because his beloved and son was killed over selfish reasons of him wanting to keep the throne of the clan for himself.

A millennium ago a witch cast a spell upon the moon that one black chief cat shifter will have the necklace branded into their neck at birth. Once the child opens his or hers eyes will the necklace be laid eyes upon from the tribe. The myth was the truth in cat shifter history but some of the legend  changed so much that other supernatural creatures like the vampires thought it could be used for others, like an actual necklace. No other kind has one because the cat shifters were the peace keepers of everyone, helping others at need and protecting there own. They never start wars only ended them. They don't cause bloodshed only stop it. No other kind has kinder souls, purer souls than cat shifters. The cat shifters once dominated the earth till vampires became thirsty with greed and a want for immortality that only one person in the entire universe had, so they began their cruel plan of destroying all cat tribes and narrowing it down until my parents tribe was the last that existed, they would find me the immortal cat shifter but I was hidden where no one could find me.

Being the strongest in the tribe at the age of nine I could take a full grown adult down. The tribe dusted the vamps but the air was poisoned so the shifters chocked to death only I could stand it and live.

My name is Anevay, I was and am a born leader, I'm the last cat shifter known to the supernatural world.

The news died down because everyone thought there was no more cat shifters so the legend of the immortal cat was put away as a bedtime story. Once I buried every single body of my tribe and put up a huge gravestone noting to anyone passing of the war which we won and lost. I was homeless, no family and lived off of garbage for two years. At the age of twelve the police found me living in an abandoned home and put me in to the system.

I stayed at the children's home, I never felt safe with others, so I was always looked at but I never went with any of the offering families. At the house I was bullied and always called a freak because I would only show signs of emotion to animals. I had my cat senses (sensitive hearing, super eyesight, elegant balance, certain feline features) always on high alert so I'm never caught off guard.

One day an Alpha female, a werewolf came and I was thrilled. I had a note the day of my tribes death to find a home amongst supernatural but to choose wisely so I decided that werewolves were perfect, even though they are related to the dog species, in our cat shifter history werewolves were our sort of beta's, followers so it was a well thought out decision.

For the past two months of visiting with the Alpha female, I was now waiting for the papers to be signed of my leave with a werewolf pack. Over the years I had managed to mask my scent so no one could pick up my cat smell.To everyone I was human, which I hated! I wanted to be free and release my true kind but I couldn't shift when I wanted till I was 18 so every night I had to go through the painful process of shifting, my size shrinking, bone structure changing, fur growing and ears and a tail forming is quite painful. Since I could walk I shifted every night. They won't pick up my scent but I always scream through the process so whilst I was at the children's home I was always high in the mountains.