Diego Schwartzman: Late Flight

She's banged up, mentally and emotionally, literally and metaphorically. But everyday she walks out with a smile on her face, because that''s just who she is - Unknown.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Please is there no way you could book me for another flight" I ask for the fourth time.

"Sorry ma'am no other flight that leaves in the next four hours has any seats available. There is one that leaves tomorrow morning"

No no no no, that would be too late. My meeting is tomorrow morning. "That can't work, I'll sit anywhere." The look on the receptionist was obvious enough. I mutter a quick 'Thank you for trying." and turn around to leave. 

This was supposed to be the time of my life. Two weeks in Argentina on a girls trip. Then your boss calls you in earlier to attend what would be the biggest meeting of your life. 

And you were going to miss it.

Forget the promotion, just hope your job isn't gone. I walk back to my seat: dejected. I notice a man around 5'7" or 5'8" with striking blue green eyes and a very recognizable face sitting around 4 seats down the row from me. A tennis bag on the floor along with a small black suitcase and backpack. I would have paid more attention to him if it wasn't for practically losing my job. I notice him moving so he's in the seat next to me. "I couldn't help but hearing your conversation" He says quietly.

My heart almost skipped a beat listening to his sexy Argentinian accent enlaced in almost every word, "Yeah - lucky me, they couldn't fit me in anywhere." Unable to hold my head up anymore I bury my head into my hands. 

"My name is Diego, my trainer just told me he's coming tomorrow due to some family emergency. You could take this ticket. It's to New York in an hour. I think that's where you want to go."  

I lift my head up and nod, not believing my luck, "You don't have to do this."

"I want to" Diego smiles and places the ticket in my palm. "Besides, now I have a pretty girl to sit next to me on the plane, so win win."

I blush at his compliment, "Thank you so much" 

He nods accepting the thanks, "So I'm assuming you are from New York." he says assuming from my accent.

I nod, "Kind of, born and brought up Toronto, Canada. Moved to New York two years ago to work." As I'm finishing my sentence I realize I never told him my name, "I'm so sorry you don't even know my name it's y/n"

"That's beautiful." He says in a whisper. 

I blush, I have to change the topic . I notice the tennis bag. "So do you like tennis?" Not realizing how much I was going to regret asking him that in the future. 

He chuckles, "Some pro tennis for Argentina." 

I should have known who this is shit. " I'm so sorry. I'm terrible when it comes to sports. Used to watch loads of tennis when I was younger. But, works been so busy I haven't had time to keep up with anything other than football."

This seems to excite him as he perks up in his seat. "What team do you support?"

I smile, "Chelsea"

He looks up jokingly as if he's disappointed, "my friend Domi would like you."

I squint my eyes at him, "Why who do you support?" Please don't say Arsenal or I'll have to stop talking to him right now.

"Boca Juniors." He says proudly as if he was part of the team him self. 

"Maradona?" I ask

"Maradona" he nods. "He's inspired me since I was young. He has been my idol and I've gotten to meet him, he's always called me little Diego, he's really one of the nicest and most talented people you could meet. There's this fire in him when he touches a football. It's the reason I love tennis. There's a fire in me when I'm on the court. I love the game more than anything else."

You could see the passion and admiration from Diego's eyes. He loved sport. The way he talked could tell you right away. Before I could respond the loud speaker interrupts, "New York flight 8214 11:00 boards now."

We both get up and grab out bags. "Wow time flew by." I chuckle and he nods. 

We enter the plane and take our seats in about five minutes. 

"I'm so glad I gave you that ticket." Diego whispers once we take off. 

I look down, blushing again, "I am too." After a few seconds of silence you speak up, "Let's watch Kung Fu Panda."

"Kung Fu Panda?" the Argentinian chuckles.

"What it's a brilliant movie, besides I haven't watched it a while."  I look down at my lap, I've made a complete fool of myself.  I'll tell him I was kidding and it was a bad idea. I look up and turn to tell him what I decided to when I notice the opening credits for KFP on his screen and Diego holding up the left ear of his headphones for you to put in. In my 26 years of being a human on this planet. Not once did I meet a guy like this.  I smile and take his earphone. About five minutes in I feel my eyelids start to close. No why does this always happen when I watch a movie. 

It's clear he notices it too as he turns to look at me. "You know you can lay your head on my shoulder." 

I can what. 

Crap it's been two hours of knowing him, and I'm ready to marry him. 

I nod and slowly put my head on his shoulder. Within minutes I fall asleep.

Not knowing that those would be the shoulders I fall asleep on for the rest of my life. 

-----------------------------------------

First Imagine done, let me know how it went. Please vote and comment and most importantly send me your requests!!!!