Florida

My trip to Florida was bland. Sure I would get to travel and all that, but I wasn't at all interested. Val and I just got the nerve to talk face to face. We were making so much progress, and I was starting to see him as he really was. Which was sweet, sensitive and insecure. My friends still hated Val saying that I was embarrassing them by dating him. I never said anything just looked down at my shoes. Every now and then I would catch his deep brown/black eyes staring at me.

I would look back at him and his cheeks would flush a violent petal pink. That made me smile the most, him thinking he can embarrass himself in front of me, the biggest screw-up who ever walked this planet. The two weeks in Florida went by in a flash.

I was so excited to see Val again. Are pointless middle school love might be taken to the level of actually hugging him. I felt a sharp pain in my side to see Elise in full conversation with me when she suddenly realized I wasn't listening. "Felicia! Are you listening to me! This is big. Miley just invited Jess and I to a pool party!"

She basically screamed in my ear. Miley is a cheerleader. She wears push-up bras and is SUPER popular. Probably the exact opposite of me. I enjoy reading by a fire with a fuzzy sweater wrapped around me. Miley enjoys short skirts in mid-winter and sleepovers with guys. "Uh, what does this have to do with me?" I ask my mind drifting from the conversation again.

The bell rung and we left the Spanish classroom to head to lunch. Luckily the Cafeteria was not far. I sat down in our main group and start picking at my food. I wasn't that hungry, and my mind was busy freaking out about my first dance coming up. "What are you stupid Felicia? We are inventing you along!" This caught me off guard. "WHAT!" I was absolutely mortified. I do not belong in the same room with that social class let alone be at ones house in a bikini.

"Shush up Lisha the whole lunch room is staring" I look around to see everyone turning heads to see what the big deal was. I look over to wear Val sat. His black hair messy. He flashed me one of his signature smirks and went back to chatting with his friends. My cheeks flared a mild red before I turned away from the crowd and back to my food.

I should stop over thinking about the party and start getting pumped for the dance. I sighed. The next few days went by in a flash until it was a few days before my first dance.

"Hey" I loved it when Val texted me first.

"Hi" I replied.

"Truth or Dare" he asked.

"Uhh Truth" I sent.

"Would you say yes if I asked you to the dance?"

"Most likely" I joked.

Two days before the dance and I had everything ready. Tomorrow I go to Miley's party and the next day I go to the dance. I had a bathing suit ready to. I reluctantly picked a one-piece not wanting to put anything....out.

I arrived at the party at twelve. Luckily for me no boys should up. I came there nervous and for a good reason too. For the events that were about to take place, would change my life forever.

--------------------------~

First ever authors note!!!!!!!
Eeepppp! I wasn't writing anymore but I'm going to keep my head up and finish this book!
Read. Vote. Comment. Bye loviessssss❤️