.𝑙𝑖𝑙𝑦 = 𝐻𝑜𝑚𝑒.

"Lily! Come back here!" I laughed.

"You have to catch me!" Lily yelled. I ran as fast as I could, luckily, I did catch up to Lily. I hugged her from behind and started tickling her. "stop!" Lily said in between laughs. I laughed along with her.

"No, you ran away from me remember?" I teased.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," Lily said, still laughing. I stopped tickling her and kissed her on her forehead. I started to get the hair ribbon from my hand that Lily was running from. Lily has never been a fan of hair ribbons, I personally liked them.

Lily's ten, and I'm seventeen, while my two eldest brothers, Nate, is twenty-one and James is nineteen, so older than me and Lily. When Lily was younger she was very sick, we almost lost her. Although we have maids in the house, I'm like the mother to Lily, always there for her. I also treat the servants and maids like my brother and sisters. I helped Lily when she was sick, she was so young so she probably can't remember. My mother was... never a good mother to me and when she had Lily, she simply did not care. Lily, James, and Nate are my only joy in this world, mostly Lily. My brothers care for me very much and Lils, although I didn't ask for this life. Being a viscountess is hard and boring. Don't get me wrong, I want to make a change in the world, but politics is just very ancient and dumb. People argue for no reason in politics but there is no right or wrong! and being a woman is hard enough. I've tried to given Lily a normal childhood, although we aren't quite normal and have to get into politics at a young age. Luckily Lily doesn't have to worry about it.

I finished up tying lily's hair ribbon while I finished up my thought. I turned her around and took her hand heading back home.

home
/ hohm /
noun.

a dwelling, apartment, or shelter one lives in with a person, family, or themselves. Or the place where one's domestic affections are centered.

When I think of home, I think of lily. She's my home, I love her dearly with all my heart, life, and soul.

Mother and Father truly never cared for me and Lily. Their main focus was on James and Nate since they were the only boys. My mother was so disappointed when she found out I was a girl. When Lily came into the world, she just ignored her. Sometimes we hardly see father since he's always out with politics. The father I know, cares about me and Lily, while when he's with mother he remains silent. I've cried many nights by myself thinking how mother was a terrible mother to Lily and me.

Another thing I think about when I think of home, I think of reading, flowers, astronomy. Those bring me comfort, so comfort would be considered home...