.𝑐𝑙𝑢𝑚𝑠𝑦.

Well, life went on and I was soon meeting my soon to be husband. I didn't even know how old that bastard- sorry, erm well, my fiancé is. Which... doesn't make me feel any less anxious. It also feels weird saying fiancé, never in a million years did I think I'd have to use it.

Of course, as I knew, my mother just married me off just for power and wealth. I feel terrible if my fiancé is about my age and has to give up his life. But if he's old, I will run away, I'm not kidding.

But today was it. I was finally meeting my spouse. I didn't know how I was supposed to feel. I was outside enjoying the spring breeze, speaking of which the summer solstice is in 20 days which I can't wait. I saw a carriage pulling up and I quickly ran back towards the house knowing that my soon to be spouse was in that carriage. yay... My dress had some dirt at the bottom, I had flats, which mother hates when I wear them to an important meeting/event. Lastly, my hair was a bit messed up and my hair ribbon was falling.

So in all, I would be considered a mess to my mother. I quickly fixed my hair and ran upstairs to my room to change my flats into one and a half-inch heels. As soon as I got my 'heels' on I quickly ran back downstairs and made it to the hall. But of course, I tripped and rolled over my right ankle. I tried getting up, but I couldn't. I tried again but failed. Great, just my luck. I thought.

I knew it had to be a sprained ankle. I just adjusted my position and waited. I mean my fiancé... is probably already inside but I didn't care. I just played with my dress for about a minute or so.

"Are you alright?" I looked up to see a boy with short dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. He seemed around my age, seventeen. He was taller than me since I am pretty short. He was in a nice suit. I didn't think nothing of it.

"I mean... have you ever met a lady sit on the floor during an important meeting or event?" I asked.

"No," he replied.

"Exactly, but no, I'm not fine. My clumsy self rolled over my ankle and now it's sprained." I explained. "Do you mind if you can help me in my room?" I asked, giving him my best puppy eyes.

"I don't mind. Here hook your arm around my shoulder." He said while lowering himself near me. I did as I was told and slowly I stood up with my other foot that wasn't sprained.

"Ow," I whispered. I held the boy's shoulder and squeezed it due to the pain. "Sorry," I apologized.

"Are you okay?" His eyes met mine... they were so pretty...

"I'm fine. My room's upstairs... I need to call one of my brothers." I said looking towards the stairs.

"Should I call Nate?" The boy asked. I looked at the boy again, confused.

how does he...?

"y/n! There you are!" my thoughts left when I heard James and Nate run over to us. I looked over at them.

"What happened?" Nate said.

"I sprained my ankle," I said. "It hurts, like a lot. Can you guys take me to my bedroom?"

"Mothers going to-"

"Mother can wait, y/n's hurt right now." James interrupted Nate. I hooked my arms around James' neck letting go of the boy.

~~~~~~~~~

James carried me back to my room. Mother was upset but didn't mind. Which was pretty strange. I used an ice bag to make it feel better. Meanwhile, my family already met my fiancé, while I still haven't. I decided to read to kill time. I heard a faint knock at the door.

"Come in," I said still reading. I heard the door creak open and I looked up to see the person. It was the boy I saw earlier. "Oh, hi." I greeted.

"How are you?" he asked.

I looked at the ice bag on my foot and looked back at him. "It's going well. Just my clumsiness got in the way. So what brings you up here?" I asked.

"Oh, erm-"

"Can you go to my wardrobe? There should be a wrap." I interrupted knowing that the boy didn't have a reason. But I also needed the wrap.

He went to my wardrobe and got the wrap. He sat down on my bed and began to unwrap the wrap to wrap it around my foot.

"You don't-" I began but got interrupted.

"It's fine. It's the least I could do." The boy said. He started to wrap the wrap around my foot. He did it so gently and carefully. I looked at his features in the meantime. His hair was now a lighter shade of brown due to the light coming from my window.

"I never got to quite catch your name," I said as he finished up.

"Right, well I'm-" Just when he was about to say his name Lily came rushing in and jumped on me. I laughed and held her.

"Lily, what are you doing here?" I asked. I heard footsteps and Nate then appeared in front of my door.

"Lily I told you to leave y/n alone." Nate scolded.

"Well, I haven't seen y/n all day." Lily pouted. "I met Tewksbury and since Tewksbury is marrying y/n, then I have to make sure y/n likes Tewksbury," Lily explained. I looked at her.

"Lily, who's Tewksbury?" I asked her. Lily pointed to the boy who helped me.

so that's how he knew Nate... wait, never mind that, you're going to marry him y/n! right, well at least he isn't an old weirdo. I fought against my thoughts.

"Well, nice to meet you, Tewksbury," I said. "Thank you for your help." I thanked.

"It was nothing."

"Lily, why don't we leave y/n and Tewksbury alone?" Nate said.

"fineeee!" Lily groaned. I let go of Lily and she climbed off my bed. Nate grabbed her hand and closed the door on their way out.

I stayed quiet.

"So," The boy named, Tewksbury, said. He was looking down at the floor. I don't blame him we're both very young and neither of us wants this.

"So I guess you're the one I'm marrying," I stated. I sighed out of relief. "I'm just glad I'm not marrying a middle-aged man." I laughed lightly. I fiddled with my hands not knowing what to say. I looked up at Tewksbury. "Come here," I told him. He was hesitant but I reassured him. I grabbed his hand. "Look, I know you don't want this and I don't want this either... and I'm still mad at my mother and I know sooner or later I'll eventually take out my anger on you, so I'm sorry in advanced." I apologized. I didn't look at him, embarrassed. I slowly let go of his hand.

"It's okay, I understand." He said while pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear.

a/n: Happy Thanksgiving! Please stay safe! Also instead of updating Thursdays, I'll update on Wednesdays. I'm also having a bit of writers block for the next chapter so I might not update Monday :/