Side Story: Rachel in another world

The birds are chirping, sun is shining  yeah I'm smiling but inside I'm dying.
Hi, I'm Rachel. Just a normal girl, with a normal life! But there's something about me that, no one know yet.

I'm a commoner. Life here is simple yet fun. I wake up by the morning rooster, open the windows only to be welcomed by the beautiful blue birds who sang to me as I get ready for a new day.

I brush my thick, silky, soft luxurious, gorgeous, luminous, light-blonde hair. Tie it into a ponytail so it'll be easier for me to work at the pig pens.

Oh, I clean animal sht btw.

My childhood friend Bam, was an orphan. His biological father, go by the nickname "V" died after saving a cat. His mother, died giving birth to him.

It was really sad...
Anyways, I happily crossed the bridge, only to see the Village's brat.

"Wangnan"

"Hey gorgeous, how you doing today?" Said Wangnan with a mischievous look on his face.

"Ugh" I groaned. "Not today wangnan" I cutely put my ponytail from one shoulder to another.

"Shut up Freckles, I was talking to Bam. Hey Bam, you look cute today."
"Thank you Wangnan, you too!"

I walked away from them as they went to visit the other kids.

I wonder how it feels to have friends. I was abandoned as a child. One day, the Village chief just found me outside the gate. So they decided to raise me with the other kids. Though we don't get along, they're my only family.

'I hate them though'

I continued my day as usual. I picked up the broom, and started to sweep off hay from the road. It might get in the way, and get scolded by Hansung again...

" . . . "

Huh? Why is there a fancy carriage. Is someone here to visit us? I want to take a look. Hansung won't know I skipped work. Just for a little bit, I wanna see who came to our humble village.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Duke of *insert fancy last name*, what brings you here to our town."

"Goodmorning everyone, I would like to speak to the Chief."

"Yes, what can I do to serve you my Duke"

"I am looking for a girl with Light-Blonde hair, Yellow eyes and Freckles."

"..freckles..?"
"light blonde hair..?"
"There's only one person here that has freckles.."

"My duke, is that girl that one you're looking for?"

Everyone turned their heads to where Mr. Lero Ro is pointing at. Strange, why are they all looking my way. Is their something on my hair? OH NO, IS THERE HAY ON MY FACE?! Oh my gosh this is so embarrassing...

"Peristhmia!"

"Pes what-?"

"Peristhmia, I thought I lost you..."

The Duke of Fancy Name suddenly hugged me. What is this??? I-Is this what it feels like to be loved? Is this what they call warmth-? Strange. It- doesn't feel bad at all...

"Hold on, who in the world is Peristhmia?"

"That's the name my dear wife has chosen to name you, my daughter!"

"D-daughter? I'm the daughter of the Duke?"

"Oh my dear... how long has it been? 16 years?"

"WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU PICK PERISTHMIA, IT SOUNDS LIKE AN INCURABLE HEART DISEASE"

"Let's save the talk for later, for now let is return to the Mansion." The Duke said, pulling me forcibly into the carriage.

"H-HEY WAIT- MY BELONGINGS-"

"Do not fret about those worthless possessions. We can easily replace those."

"MY EMERALD NECKLACE."

". . . the one with the silver chain and blue and gold carvings..? THAT emerald necklace?"

"YES."

"oh shit you're right. Okay, you can get the necklace, but we must hurry. Everyone is waiting for us."

Note: Happy Halloween!

I don't celebrate Halloween but

Do it for the hype.