Side Story: Rachel in another world (1)

The rattling sound of the carriage, horseshoes clacking. It all seems unfamiliar. Yesterday I was just cleaning the house, now I'm inside a carriage, heading to my new home.

It all feels surreal. Suddenly one day I became a Duke's daughter: The reincarnated Villainess strikes back. The novel I was reading before falling asleep last night. Did I manifest it somehow? Is this all just a dream?

I pinched myself to see if I'm just dreaming.

'Ow'

So this is really happening.

"Prestina, we have arrived."
". . ."

Who the fuck- atleast we finally arrived. We were greeted by the Butler and the rest of the servants. I kinda miss Bam. But he's not the main character now.

"I am."

"You are what sweetie?"

"Oh uhh-" crap I said it out loud. "Rachel. Please call me Rachel. I am unfamiliar with the name you have given me. I prefer the name my friend calls me."

"Very well. Head maid, please take Rachel to her room. And Rachel, come down after you have changed those- rags. The maids will prepare a fitting dress for you. We will eat dinner together "

The Duke ordered the maids and left us.  Miss Clara, the headmaid, showed me the way to my new room.

Soft pink bed, my own wardrobe full of dresses that I can wear for atleast 5 years. A- balcony?! This whole room is bigger than the house I used to stay at!

"Is it to your liking Young Mistress?"

"It's- too much. Thank you, really."

"No need to thank us, it is our duty to serve you Young Miss."
Everyone politely bowed at me.

"Please- raise your heads. I still haven't adjusted, you can just talk formally to me." I said in an attempt to look kind.

"But we are merely your humble servants. We do not dare to speak informally to our Master."

"Ok. Now help me get dressed."

Everyone looked at me with a perplexed face. They must've been shocked by my domineering attitude. They told me themselves, I am their master.

They quickly prepared the things necessary. A lavender dress, with blue shoes. Red ribbon for my hair and green jewelry. Exotic, just the way I like it. I want something that stands out. I want to be the center of everything.

'I want more.'

- - - - - - - - - -

I quickly headed down the stairs. I was a bit late since the Duke and Duchess were already there.

"I am sorry for my tardiness, I will make it up to you next time.."

"Do not fret, now take a sit. We must discuss something about you."

"Yes?"

"We want you to be engaged with the Crown Prince, Aguero Agnes."

*clang*

"Oh dear, she must be so delighted that she dropped her spoon!"
"Yes, I knew the Prince would be the best choice!"

Did I hear them correctly..?

Aguero.. Agnes.?