Chapter 5

A/N: A few chapters were edited. Not much change, but I did tweak them a bit.

(E/N) = Ex's name

Warning: Mentions of smoking, alcohol, and depression

~~~~

Eita tossed in turned in his sleep. 

////

"Why...?"

Eita lifted his head slowly at the sudden voice. He looked around, his eyes landing on the familiar (h/c)-ette, who looked a bit younger. Standing in front of him was someone else. The (h/c)-ette's head was lowered, his hands clenched into fists.

"Did...nothing between us...mean anything to you...?"

The way his voice sounded so small yet so full of despair... It was something Eita rarely heard from Y/N. The pain was obvious in his tone.

"Sorry, Y/N. I just...lost feelings for you. You understand that, right?"

Y/N lifted his head at those words. "Understand...? What am I supposed to understand...? If you didn't have feelings for me, you could have told me...! Then, I would've understood...! Why-- Why like this...?"

The person stayed quiet for a few seconds before speaking again. "Come on, Y/N. Look at yourself. You look miserable when you're with me. You say you trust me, yet your face tells me you think I'm a liar. You're not happy and neither am I. Why stay together?"

Eita's eyes widened. Just then, another voice appeared.

"(E/N)!"

Y/N looked over. Who he saw made his eyes widen. The male jogged over to them, a smile on his face. "Hey, I've been looking for you," he said before seeing (E/N) turn their gaze away from him, "What's wrong?"

The guy turned to see Y/N, a look of shock replacing his cheerful smile. "Y/N..."

Y/N's shock turned into an expression of hurt. "You--"

"Look, man, I can explain--"

"Stay the fuck away from me!" Y/N shouted when the guy tried to get close to him.

"Y/N--"

"You knew-- You knew about us, yet you--"

Y/N could barely talk, his anger making his body temperature rise. He stepped back, fighting the desire to strangle his now ex-best friend. Eita got up to his feet, running up to him, but as soon as he got close, the figures disappeared.

Behind him, he heard the sound of cars. He quickly turned and saw Y/N with his head down, walking amongst others on the sidewalk. He began following him, reaching out to him, only to have him disappear once again.

"There he is!" a male's voice said.

A guy with a beanie walked up to Y/N, slinging his arm around his shoulders. "What's with that sullen look on your face?"

Y/N averted his gaze. The guy sighed, already having an idea of what the cause was. He let go, making Y/N turn to look at him. "Come with me."

The (h/c)-ette watched the guy walk away before turning to follow him. He was led to the rooftop of a building, the moon and stars in plain sight. "Why did you bring me up here, Soma?"

The guy named Soma just motioned him over to the railing. Once Y/N was standing beside him, Soma pointed up to the sky.

"What's up there?"