Chapter 1

I hear footsteps all around me but can't tell who's there, it's pitch black. I can feel sweat dripping from every inch of my body. "W-what? W-where am I?" I stutter, barely getting the words out, I can feel how coarse my throat is.

Suddenly the footsteps around me stop and I feel a sharp and sudden pain in my arm, without thinking I let out a loud cry.

???: "I guess you are awake then sweethear-"

??:"Yeah! Finally we can have some actual fun!"

???:"How many times have I told you to never interrupt me Fergus"

Fergus: "i-i got caught up in the moment, it won't happen again sir"

What is happening? Some guy named Fergus just said he can now have fun? -now that I'm awake that is. Am I about to be tortured? Killed? Worse?? My arm hurts so bad, what did they do? I still can't see anything, this is so infuriating! I plead "Let me g-go"

???: "You hear that? She's whimpering again.. my oh my what shall we do with you, huh?"

Fergus: "I donno.. you're the boss, right?"

???: "You annoying fly, could you keep quiet for a minut-"

Fergus: "Hey maybe we could cut off her fingers"

???: "Out. Now"

Fergus: *visual confusion*

???: "Did you hear me? OUT! Before I report you to 'the dumbass institute' you understand?"

Fergus: "You know that's not a real place righ-"

???: "If I have to ask you one more time..."

I can hear a door opening and then it closes, meaning 'Fergus' must've left after all. It's really quiet for a while, then the footsteps start again, I can tell by the echo-ing sound that there is only one other person in the room... Which means I'm alone with the boss.. What is he going to do now that we're alone?
My thoughts were interrupted when I feel a stroke on my stomach, I twitch at the sudden touch from him, and then notice that his hand- I know this hand, I've felt it before. But from where?

???: "You're eagerly quiet today sweetheart"

He's talking to me.. sweetheart? I'm trembling at the sound of that sentence, what does he want from me?

"W-who are you?" That last word was barely audible, my voice is failing me and I feel completely drained.

???: "Call me sir"

"W-well, sir, I'm t-thirsty"

Sir: "Shouldn't you be more worried about the bag over your head more than your thirst?"

It's quiet for a moment, I can't help but think he will actually bring me water. Then I feel his hand again, this time on my shoulder, he's untying the bag over my head... Yes I will be able to see his face now. And just see in general.

"Thanks" I mutter, it's still dark even without the bag. I can't make out his face just yet but I can see shapes around the room. A sink, there is a sink right above me. I can feel the floor is not tiled and there are no windows. The door is about 10 inches away from me, if I could just reach-

Sir: "oh you're not going anywhere just yet sweetheart"

Again, sweetheart, I've never been called that...

Sir: "We have something we need to take care of first. If you do well, you can get your water. Kapeesh?"

"O-okay"

It's still dark but my eyes seem to be adjusting. His face... He has a scarred eye. And freckles, what kind of torturer has freckles? His mouth, small... He's quite the sight I must say. He has a very defined face, one I will not forget.

Sir: "Stand up"

He used a stern voice, not like before. I did as he said.

Sir: "now tell me something about you"

"I-"

...

Sir: "Did I stutter?"

"I don't know anything about myself.. its.. i-it's blank."

Sir: "I see. Well what do you know then?"

"That man's name was Fergus, You are sir.. my arm hurts, I'm isolated, and thirsty..."

Sir: "You don't remember anything?"

"Well.. n-no"

Sir: "you better be telling the truth"

"W-why would I lie? And why are you keeping me here? What do you want from m-" I couldn't talk anymore, I was hurt, confused and most of all scared. I lay against the wall behind me and started to cry.

Sir: "Slow down there, we are not going to hurt you, and you're not being held captive, you can leave at any time sweetheart..."

"W-what?"

Sir: "You don't have to cry"

His words calmed me but at that exact moment I felt the pain in my arm again, I blurted out "My arm, you hurt my arm"

Sir: "ah yes, you did that to yourself actually..."

Authors Note:

Hey everyone... I hope you enjoyed this, it's my very first story and I'm sorry for any mistakes, leave a comment to let me know what you thought, and if you have any ideas for new chapters. And thank you SO MUCH for choosing to read Drizzly Days!

~Jess :3