Chapter 4

[Edited]

 Waking up the next morning was hell. I had another dream, similar to the one before, but this time people with wings were in it. These dreams are getting out of hand, and I don't know how to fix it.

My shower is hot but brief, because I slept in just a bit. I have a feeling that school is going to be awkward and weird today. I'm not sure how bad the building is or if I'm in trouble.

I make my way to the kitchen, I need to talk to Amelia and apologize for last night and how rude I was when she tried to talk to me. It's going to be hella awkward and I'm not sure if she's going to kick me out or not. Not only did I walk away from her but spent the night at a boy's house and probably destroyed the cafeteria.

I hear the boys already eating at the table. I have a feeling Amelia may be mad that I wasn't home to get the boys food. I'm sure when she found out about what happened, she stayed home with them but I'm not sure.

"Hey sweetie, how was your sleep?" Amelia asks me and I backtrack. Why is she not mad?

"It was good. I wanted to apologize for acting the way I did last night and for not coming home yesterday." I tell her, playing with my fingers and looking down. Surely, she's upset.

"It's completely okay dear, I understand everything that happened yesterday. I'm glad you went with a friend after the fight, it probably helped you quite a bit." She says and I frown. Does she know about Ace and what he is? The way she is talking doesn't sound like she does, but you never know.

"You're not mad at me?" I ask her in a small voice and she walks up to me and gives me a small hug.

"No, I'm not mad at you at all. Now, you need to get to school. You weren't suspended or anything, the other girl got in a lot of trouble, so don't worry about seeing her for a while." Amelia says as she cleans up the boy's mess.

"Okay, I will for sure be home tonight!" I yell to her as I'm walking out the door, but quickly stop when she grabs my hand.

"Happy birthday Adina. Don't worry about coming home, you're going with Mia and Mason to the mall, remember?" She smiles and walks back inside the house and I think to myself for a minute.

What if what Ace told me is true, and something bad really does happen? He could just be crazy. Whatever, I'm not going to worry about it right now, I'm going to have a good day, with no fights or anything crazy. Today will be fun.

When I get to school, I see Mia and Mason as soon as I open the front door. They both run up to me, and I brace myself for the impact. Mia is the first one to me and she yells in my ear, "Happy birthday bitch!"

I laugh, and try and push her off.

"I'm only 18 man, not that big of a deal." I tell her and she gasps.

"It's the biggest birthday you've had yet! Your 21st birthday will be the biggest one but this is the first big one. I don't know if that made any sense." I laugh and Mason slaps my head.

"Hey you little fucker, that hurt." I whine and rub he back of my head.

"You need to be more excited! Your 18. A legal adult!" He looks at Mia and winks at her, his action makes me raise my eyebrow.

"Hey now, what was that little wink you gave Mia? If you don't tell me, I'm going to murder both of you and add you to the collection of bodies I have in my backyard." I threaten them, but they just smile.

"You will find out later, we gotta go to class! See you later!" Mia says as her and Mason take off, leaving me behind. I groan to myself and flip them off. I turn around to get to my class, but someone is standing in front of me. Ace.