Chapter Two - Entering the competition

Making my way down to the rink, my arms ached from all the receives. I'm not sure I'll be able to catch myself if I fell.

"Ey shoyo." Viktor greeted as I walked in. (Hey Shoyo)

"Hey!" I grinned, "Kak eto rabotayet?" (How's it going?)

"Khorosho, u menya yest' dlya tebya novaya khoreografiya." (Good, I got a new Choreography for you)

I groaned, "Another one?" I switched back to Japanese.

"Yes, you're a fast learner. A good observer."

"I've been told its like Sherlock Holmes."

"Wow."

I hummed in response and put my skates on.

"Ready to go Gliding Flame?"

"Shut up, you know I hate that."

"But you prefer Little Giant?" He retorted.

"Shut up."

----

Once practice was over i made my way home, I was alone but I could bear it for a couple hours. Moments after I got home there was a knock on my door. Grabbing the closest thing I could I made my way to the door. Hiding the object behind the door I opened it slowly.

"Boke! Open the door."

I sighed, "Nice to see you too Kageyama."

"Why do you have a pan?"

"Shut up, It was the closest thing I could grab."

"Where have you been?"

"What do you mean?"

"Its time for school."

"It is?" I asked, I glanced over to see the time. He was right, sometimes Kageyama comes by to walk with me. Was I really practicing this long?

"Ah gomenesai, Kageyama. Let me get dressed."

That's when he realized I was still in my shower towel. His cheeks flushed a bright red, he looked away, covering his eyes. "Ah go. Go."

I laughed before leaving to get dressed.

----

*At school*

My eyelids were drooping while in class. My head dropped to the table, "Hinata!" someone yelled causing me to jump.

"Huh what?"

"Since you're so keen on sleeping- tell me. What was one of the most innovative technologies in the Americas in the early nineteenth century?"

I yawned, "Hmmn? Oh yeah.." I leaned my head back down on the table.

"I will call your parents Hinata Shoyo."

"Good luck with that one." I yawned again and closed my eyes, "Its interchangeable parts, it allowed for small parts to be changed without having to change the entire machine. It also was very resourceful with the cotton gin that was being used in the south where they called it the 'cotton kingdom and the cotton king' since it brought in over 200 million dollars a year more than any other product there." I yawned again, "goodnight."

"Hinata!"

I made it quite clear that I was gonna sleep by snoring loudly.

---

I woke up when the lunch bell rang, "Yo Hinata, How'd you do that?" One of my classmates, Rikishi-San asked.

"Do what?" I asked with a yawn. I might have to skip volleyball today.