Day Four

TJ

Every time I woke up and saw that I was lying next to this goddess I kept trying to pinch myself. If the boys could see me now. Well, they could since I was on seven days a week! I wanted nothing more than to finish this show and take Tiana home with me to meet my parents. I just couldn't fathom how no one had caught her. Well, actually I could. Tiana has high standards, which I realize I don't have at all. I'm just a good old country boy who takes care of his family farm and is at one with nature and relaxing on a hot July night. Maybe that's what she needed. She needed someone who was going to look after her rather than her taking care of everything. She had taken a huge leap coming here and leaving her restaurant in the hands of her staff.

Her beautiful face turned towards me and I felt myself smiling down at her. She was a mess, but after only four days I had become more smitten with her than I had any other girl I had ever met. She had become my ray of sunshine. She found this scallywag and found a prince behind it. Sure, I'm not the "best" kind of guy out here, but she saw me in a totally different way.

Everyone looked like they were still asleep when I thought it might be a nice surprise to wake her up with some breakfast in bed. I wasn't a bad hand in the kitchen and I thought that this would be a nice way to show Tiana that I cared. I slid out of the bed and scurried off to the bathroom to shower and change. I pulled my long hair up in a messy man bun and took off for the kitchen. I started whipping up some eggs and bacon. Tiana liked her eggs over hard, salt and pepper, bacon extra crispy, and toast lightly buttered. I was smiling as I thought of her critiquing how badly this would be and how much she'd hate it but love it at the same time.

I was almost finished when I heard the sound like a cooing dove. I turned and saw the slim blonde slowly glide her way over to me. Alice was an interesting creature, to say the least. She had these big blue eyes that kind of looked into your soul to find the most interesting part about a person.

"Good morning. Making that for Tiana?" she asked as she went around me to grab the tea kettle. She pulled out some tea from a little pouch around her neck.

"Um, yes. Is that a special blend of tea?" I asked, pointing my spatula at her neck.

"Oh yes. I make my own blend. Not that I have anything against this place, but I prefer my own tea. Want to smell?"

I finished plating Tiana's breakfast and wiped off my hands, getting closer to the oddball. She opened her pouch and I leaned down to sniff. It was a beautiful earthy smell that almost brought me to tears. I had not smelled something that good in such a long time.

I had opened my eyes and noticed Alice was staring at me. I felt color ting my cheeks as she smiled up at me.

"Good stuff, right?"

I could only nod.

"What's good stuff?" a dark voice said from the corner. I quickly turned to see Tiana standing there, her arms crossed over her chest and Elsa tip-toeing behind her, trying not to get involved with what was happening. The scene before her must have looked bad, real bad if she was giving me that kind of death glare.

"Tea!" Alice squealed as she backed away from me. She walked over to Tiana, holding out her pouch of homemade tea. Tiana's glare was beyond fierce. But, nothing had happened.

"Pidge, I made you breakfast, see?" I pulled up the plate with the food that was exactly how she liked it. She stared at me and her eyes looked down at the plate with a critical eye. Whatever she had been thinking must have brushed away. Her smile returned as the tea kettle began to whistle.

"Thanks, TJ. Sorry about that. I... I don't know what came over me."

"It's okay, beautiful. Don't worry. I've got you."