[04]

Tonight was the night of the monthly Hunters meeting. It was where all of the members of our secret society came together and spoke plans, news, updates and general information for everyone to know. It happened monthly because a lot of planning needed done for one of these to even happen. The location changed constantly, happening usually at members houses to remain inconspicuous - hence the name secret meeting.

This time, it was at mine and my fathers house, which was very convenient. The rest of the hunters would be arriving very shortly so I thought it would be a good time to quiz him about Derek while he was distracted and getting things ready.

"Dad" His eyes swung from his laptop to me, I was stood in the doorway of his study.

"Yeah Ash?" Normally, when I started a sentence like that it meant I wanted something and I guess that this time was no different. "What would you like?"

I held my hands up. "And what's there to say that I want anything from you, hmm?"

"Ashlynn, I know you" He took his glasses off and faced me. "Just come out and say it please"

"Okay, you got me. Does the name Derek mean anything to you?"

He paused and sat back from his computer, looking interested. "Perhaps. There are many Derek's in Beacon Hills but only one that we are interested in - Derek Hale"

I faintly remember him telling me about the Hale Alpha. He was the only permanent Alpha here in Beacon Hills, and he was trouble. "The Alpha? Has he been doing anything lately that's flagged our attention?" I couldn't work out why Scott, Stiles and Allison of all people would be speaking about them. I had to give them the benefit of the doubt, we were becoming friends after all.

"We can't seem to find him anywhere, that's the thing. It's our main reason for meeting tonight. If we find him, we find the beta's. Have you heard anything? Why are you asking?"

I shook my head, not wanting to open a can of worms if it was nothing at all. "I haven't heard anything I was just thinking. But I'll keep an ear out at school. If he's an alpha he'll want young people to be turned, so that could be a lead"

He closed his laptop. "Good thinking. You just let me know if you hear anything okay? The rest should be arriving now. Why don't you just sit at the back and listen in?"

It was all I ever did really. I couldn't wait till I was able to be trained into a leader like all the other powerful women and finally be involved. "You got it"

A short while later the doorbell went, it was some of dad's men. We didn't specifically have leaders within our group, but my father and the Argent's were certainly higher than most of them here, they had been in the business the longest so it was only right. My mother was high up too before she passed away and I wanted to continue her legacy.

The Argent's arrived last. In style I guess. A huge part of me was relieved that Allison wasn't with them, but a small part wanted someone my age to share this experience with, as strange as the experience was.

"Ashylnn" Victoria greeted me with her usual sickly smile and pulled me into a tight hug. "You look so grown up. It's nice to see you" Chris stood to the of her and hugged me too. I was more close with Chris as I seen him the most often, Victoria kind of scared me.

"Thank you for coming, it's right this way in dads' study" We started walking and I paused. "So how come Allison isn't with you guys? I assume she knows about everything?"

Chris nodded as we entered the study. "Yes, she does. She's not as enthusiastic as we would hope, but I'm sure you can encourage her? She had mentioned meeting you at school so we're very glad that you're finally in her life, I'm sure you'll be a good influence"

"Yes, I've spoken to her at school a few times I'm sure it won't be that hard, I think we will be best friends soon" We had to be, it was my way of getting in the good books.

"That's good. I think she's at the Ice Rink with Lydia tonight. We've asked her to keep an eye on her because of what happened last year at the winter formal"

Lydia was the one that was bit at the winter formal? How did I not know this?! We hadn't moved here when she was bit but it was something I had definitely heard about. 

What else didn't I know?

I acted like I knew exactly what they were talking about of course, for the fear of embarrassment really. I would hate it if they thought that I wasn't listening properly and lost faith in me. "Yes, understandable. I'm glad Allison's keeping an eye on her, she's a good friend"

However, I could have sworn that Allison And Lydia were being accompanied by Scott and Stiles. I say this because I was asked to go, but had this instead. Why would Allison neglect to tell her parents that? Maybe they didn't want her dating at such a young age.

"Okay everyone, ready to start?" My dad's voice stopped our conversation and they bid me farewell and went to stand beside him at the big table in the middle of the room. I stood in the background, like usual, taking notes and adding to discussions the best I could.

Maybe they wouldn't underestimate me if I found out where Derek was hiding. Maybe then they'd know how powerful I really am.

♡♡♡♡♡

What do we think?

Soon Ashlynn will really fill out into her character and you'll get to see her boss ass bitch side, I'm excited for it. As always, please follow me to be notified of any new chapter updates and books, and vote so that this book will gain engagement and others can find it, and leave a comment to let me know how you're getting on with reading it!

If you haven't already, and are a fan of Twilight and werewolf books please check out my other works! I'd be very grateful. Thank you.