Escape

Hi. I'm Owen. That's me... Right there. People like me. People hate me. I'm fine with that. So I woke up, a picture of lanies head smashed is still In my brain. At least it was a dream. I turn to my alarm clock and see Its 2am and sit up. I look around my room and see empty monster cans, red juice rubbed on my wall, clothes on my floor and broken glass. Oh shit. What happened last night. All I could remember was Daren (my step dad) coming home. My eyes widen and I think "Mom" I bolt down my stairs to see Daren's shoes missing. I run to my back door. One of moms shoes are missing. I'm afraid to turn the corner and open the door. But of course I'm stupid and I do it anyways. There she is... Mom laying on the ground. Crying with blood streaming down her arms. The winter snow is now dyed a blood red. "Mom! What happened" I yell running to her. "Owen go get shoes on" she said weakly. "No mom what did he do, what happened" I demanded. She didn't answer. "MOM TELL ME" I yell with tears going up in my eyes. "Owen go get ready, now" she says. Getting up. "Fine but if this happens again I'm calling the police and dad" I say walking away. I open the back door and look back at mom. Then I walk back into the house and shut the door. I look around the kitchen and living room. Beer bottles, and vodka bottles were laying. Everywhere. In fact my room is the only "alcohol bottle free zone" I roll my eyes and walk upstairs. I look around my room. This may be the only alcohol bottle free zone but it sure smells like a bar. I hear the door slam downstairs. "Honey I'm home. AND OWEN. Get your anorexic ass downstairs." I hear Daren yell. I open my door. "Fuck you I'm not anorexic you just don't feed me." I yell with anger. Daren turns and laughs. " get your own food stupid" he says looking at me. " I peer down the stair case and say "WE HAVE NO FUCKING FOOD! ITS BEEN 4 WEEKS AND ITS BEEN A MONTH SINCE IVE EATEN!, I ASK YOU AND YOU SAY NO!". Daren looks at me "DO NOT YELL AT ME" and starts to run up the stairs. I didn't close my door in time and Daren grabs my shirt and throws me down the stairs. I look at him and walk back up the stairs to my room. He stands there in front of my door. I look at him and he slaps me. "Yell at me again your leg bone will be through your arm" and walks away. I've always been close to dad. But I'm not aloud to leave the house. I remember Lanie. I've known her since kindergarten. I haven't seen her since mom and dad spit up. Laine and I talk once a year. I turn and the house is silent. I think I could sneak to dads. I open my window and I throw a suitcase of clothes and memories out the window. I jump down. I see mom passed out in the snow. I kiss her and say "mom I'll be back I promise I love you" and i cry. I run as fast as I can down "Marobrouh lane" and to "Sandy Shores road". Dad lives on the beach. I see his house and pound on the door yelling "DAD OPEN UP PLEASE. DAD PLEASE". I slide down the door with no answer. I fall asleep. "Owen?" I open my eyes to see a girl with blue hair approach the door. "Um.... Yeah...." I say looking at the girl strangely. "OH MY GOD OWEN YOU LOOK HORRIBLE." She says yelling and starting to cry while running to me. I move away out of the girls hug. "How the hell do you know me!" I yell standing up but falling over again. The sun was in my eyes and she puts her sun glasses on me. "It's Lanie... Remember In third grade we were best friends?" She asked. I look at her and start crying and I hug her. " LANIE I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" I yell. She starts crying harder "Owen I missed you too!!" She says wiping the runny makeup. "Wheres my dad. I need him" I say standing up catching my balance. " he will be home any minute. I just have to go to school I'll be back later. Don't you have school?" She asked walking down dad's steps. "I haven't since 8th grade" I say looking down. She walks up to me and kisses me on the cheek. "Owen just be here tonight." Lanie says walking away.