8

Armin and Jean were sitting awkwardly across from Levi. They sat at a table back at Historia's castle. They had been sitting in unbearable silence for about a minute now.

"So is there a reason you two asked to speak with me?" Levi asked skeptically.

Armin and Jean glanced at each other nervously. There was a reason. Every relationship within the scout regiment was to be reported. After a long discussion Armin and Jean decided that it was better to tell Levi. He had his ways of finding out things being hidden from him anyway. The two had trusted the captain with their lives. They hoped they could trust him with that.

"So Captain" Jean started "Armin and I have something to tell you."

Levi looked in between the two while nodding, a bored look on his face.

"Jean and I have recently..." Armin stalled "committed to a relationship."

Levi raised his eyebrows.

"And we figured we should tell you" Jean continued "We're sorry if we've disappointed you."

Armin and Jean looked down at their laps. Jeans hands fiddling with his trousers and Armin gripping his so his knuckles turned white.

"Why would I be disappointed?"

The two looked up, eyes widening slightly.

"Well I-" Armin faltered "we're both b-"

"I don't care" Levi stopped him "You two aren't gonna let this affect you in you in the field right?"

"No sir" The couple said in unison.

"And you're happy?"

The two were surprised at the question and especially how sincere it sounded "Yes sir."

"Then I don't see a problem" Levi shrugged before leaning forward "But a lot of people will. Be careful boys. We've got a good team but not everyone is like your friends."

"Yes sir. We know."

"You're dismissed."

Armin and Jean stood up and began to make their way out of the room. Jean opened the door for Armin but Armin hesitated.

"Thank you captain" Armin then left.

Jean looked back at Levi and offered a small smile "Really. Thanks."

The two left and Levi was left alone. He sighed to himself, knowing the boys could be in for hell. He leaned back in his chair and stared up at the ceiling.

"You would've loved them Petra" Levi muttered.

*****

"Not the reaction I was expecting" Jean said.

"Definitely not" Armin replied as he followed Jean into his room.

"I'm glad though" Jean sat on his bed.

"Agreed" Armin settled inbetween his legs and Jean wrapped his arms around him "I imagined it going much worse."

"Me too. Who knew Levi was such a sap?" Jean grinned.

Armin chuckled "I'm grateful for sappy Levi right now."

"Mhm" Jean nodded "So... now that the captain knows do you want to tell the others?"

Armin thought for a moment "They wouldn't hate us right?"

"There's no way to be sure" Jean frowned "but like the captain said we've got a good team. We can only guess how they would react."

"I don't want to hide from them" Armin said "I say we take the risk."

Jean kissed the top of his head "Let's do it."

They heard a knock on the door and Armin threw himself onto the floor and away from Jean. Sasha stood at the door and looked at them.

"You guys good?" Sasha said with a smirking face.

"Yes Sasha" Armin said from the floor.

"What do you need?" Jean asked.

Sasha gave a bittersweet smile "The boats finished."

The two eye's widened and they sucked in a breath.

"We're leaving soon" Sasha shut the door leaving them.

"Holy shit" Jean breathed out.

"Yeah" Armin placed his hand limply on the bed and Jean squeezed it.

A new chapter was opening in their lives.

______________________

Short chapter but this a short fan fic.

Also I miss Petra :' (