chapter four

"Well that is wonderful! I am so happy for you two!" My mother said excitedly, at our family dinner. Hunter had announced that we were going to get married, and my mother could not have been more excited, and surprisingly, my father agreed with her. My father had been friends with Mr Clarington for years while we lived in Colorado, partially how I met Hunter. The Claringtons were another well-off family, and when we had first started our relationship, both of our families supported it a hundred percent, and I see that they still do.

"I agree with your mother on the matter. Hunter, tomorrow I will talk to your father about other legaltalities" Father stated, and Hunter smiled genuinely, and looked into my eyes as he squeezed my hand underneath the table. We were both so happy my parents approved, as both of us already knew the Claringtons were head over heels in love with me - Mrs. Clarington had basically planned our wedding when we were only dating for a month. She hated all of his other previous girlfriends, but me, I was somehow incredibly special. 

After dinner, Trish had come over to start practicing, and was overjoyed at the good news, especially since Hunter was a good singer and dancer as well, but he would more likely be taking over his father's CEO. She even convinced my parents to host a ball for our engagement, as it would promote both of our careers by attracting many future clients and promoters. 

"I will make a guest list tonight. For your friends, you can just informally invite them. Since the ball will be in two weekends, then I need both of you to start rehearsing and do some numbers together, but Calysta you must remember to practice for the ballet. It is Friday" Trish said, and then left. 

"Babe, wake up" I said, trying to wake him up the next morning. Of course, he wasn't budging all too much. I sighed, knowing how to wake him up. I kissed his lips, lightly and gently, and then went a little harder, and finally felt him respond and kiss back. I then took my lips away from his, but Hunter's reaction was too quick and wrapped his arms around me, and forced me back close to him. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Hunter, wake up." I said,pulling myself away.

"No" He said, groaning.

"I've got to go to the studio to practice. So either you can stay here, or come with me" I said, and he finally opened his eyes and moved.

"I'll come" Hunter said and he got out of bed, and we took a shower before changing into clothes.

I had on my leotard, a pair of sweatpants and my Canadian Dance Team jacket. My hair was already gelled back into it's ballet bun, and I had put on some makeup, before I came out and saw Hunter buttoning up his shirt. He always looked preppy and professional, no matter what he was doing. That's one of the things I liked about him - he always looked good.

"You look beautiful" Hunter said, and I rolled my eyes and blushed.

"Thank you, you look handsome, as usual" I replied. He smirked, and put a hand around my waist, as he dipped me back and kissed me passionately again.

"I've missed you" He said, staring into my eyes.

"me too" I said, kissing his lips quickly again, before heading downstairs to go to practice.

Hunter drove me to the studio, and after parking the car we headed into the place.

"Oh Calysta! Who is this?" The Director asked.

"This is my fiance, Hunter Clarington. He's just coming to watch" I said, hoping that he'd be fine with it.

"Congratulations! I will announce it tonight at dinner, but he is more than welcome to watch" he replied, and smiled at me, as I turned and smiled at Hunter.