Chapter 2 " Have a tea "

The fragrance of her is a lovely scent; it smells like bubble gum strawberries, likely in a hot summer breeze. I remember I used to pick strawberries and cherries when I still had my visions; I almost forgot seeing. Those dry leaves fall from a tree branch while strolling in the woods for some little sneaky adventures picking certain fruits I'd like.

Those times I'd remember, I wouldn't let those memories fade; visions are enough.

* * *

Here I am again, same table, same restaurant, taking notice of the chatter of other people surrounding the place. Warmed-hearted and friendly servers assisted their guest reservation. A close friend of mine suggests this hidden place; it's a hidden gem for a pirate, as she describes it for me. Leaves me that image; it works on me. She also booked a reservation for a compliment; no alibis.

They don't accept the walk-ins for a reason; they had limited space. And there, some familiar scent again passes by. I was in a trance, able to acknowledge that scent of hers every time that woman came near or even passed by. I only remember the scent, but not her image nor her face. Is she beautiful?

Well, specifically doing her job as a server at her usual time, a particular closing time.

I had this vibe feeling, or a gut feeling; she's watching me across the room. I manage not to pay any attention to the idea. Maybe because of my illness, I only assumed things were as busy as hers. She won't have that chance or even take a glance at it. She's occupied entertaining some other guests. I can only guess and listen to a few people, but not seeing closely thoroughly enough doesn't even count.

My mind is screaming. I wanted to know her to search her across the room, but I remember, I can't do that now. This is my reality, ironically the worst version of my being. All I can do is follow her scent like a curious dog and lose. That's all I can say about most servers and their scent. It pains me more deeply in me the idea most of the time, but that it didn't stop my existence. I am still grateful I can use my other senses, like smell, to hear sharply.

My blurred visions were at other times indistinguishable, but even that memory of my vision fades away in time. I choose to manage myself well, something that I am proud of.

I held my teacup flawlessly, managing myself as I was before. No, to babysit; there's more important and valuable work for those people applying for a specific job than babysitting on me. I don't oblige them, either.

I overlooked the exact date since I hang out with myself. My close friend recommended this place. Every time I had reservations, the receptionist always ushers me here when I enter, leading to a reserved table.

It makes me smile; the gesture of a couple of minutes and a cup of tea came after. I'm a fan of their tea; the aroma of something sweet and a kick of peppermint or minty flavor can't define more closely what it tastes like. That also my dear friend referred; she's also fond of this tea. I wouldn't be here in this place if it weren't for her.

I enjoy the place, even if only one is here sitting at this table, enjoying my own company. Listening to hours of several musicians playing and entertaining the guest. My friend of mine is not around to accompany me, her absurd busy schedules taking over my place and my other responsibilities, and I am now in stealth behavior as I describe it.

How could a billion people who are on this planet, yet everyone feels alone... Is that an epiphany? I don't think so; I enjoyed it here where I am in this restaurant; at least I don't feel alone. I'm still chasing the sweet scent blends in the air that never fail to welcome me when I enter. Who is she?

I notice lately a new scent roams around in mid-air; it couldn't be a new scent of staff changing their old perfumes to new ones. I counted and remembered every time they served my tea. Furthermore, I wanted to remember everything, so I closed my eyes.

"Your new," said bluntly.

She placed a cup of tea on the table. A swift scent closely matches my smell, and she's about to leave. She halted the scent of her blends; she also held her breath, I heard, and one step back brought herself back the distance between where she stood. She felt warm when she's around the second time.

"I'm sorry, miss...?" she replied, paying attention.

Confused by meeting her gaze, but unfortunately, she stares blankly facing the window.

"Your new..." said repeatedly and softly.

"Yes, miss, I am," she calmly replied.

I heard gushing over the air. She held her tray down, gridlocked. I wonder what she looks like. Is she nervous?

"Mind if I ask?" She's gently sipping a bit of her tea.

"Yes, miss, feel free," listening to her soft voice.

"How long did you work here?" Taking another sipped and savored the taste.

"About a week, Miss..." replied, grasping her nervousness, raising the question and making it more intriguing.

A hummed all she heard but never left her sight.

"Anything I can get you to miss?" she asked politely, tightly squeezing the tray, gripping not to drop.

I only guess for a bit of fun, but the other part of me keeps me remembering things or people that I encounter. It makes me smile; my senses that's left are working and very quiet-accurate. A new staff, a new server in this place. Why am I intrigued? Curious about it then made me ask why?

"Have a cup of tea with me," she proposed.

"Uh? I'm sorry, miss?" Flattered and stunned.

"I'll talk to the manager; have a seat, please," she said politely, still gazing through windows that were beginning to build a fog on a glass. Seeing the manager walking towards our table.

"Greetings, Madame." "He paused and one of those particular corners near the window when he saw he's being stopped.

"Address me, miss," she said, cutting him off.

"Okay, miss, is there any problem with our staff? Or your tea?" a serene low voice of him.

"Can I have a cup of tea with her? Can I?" she spoke gently, sipping her tea.

A split second of silence between processing the guest's request.

"Sure, miss... I will make an exception; she will have ten minutes," he replied with charm in his voice.

"Hold on, do you have a name?" she asked.

"James, miss, please enjoy your evening," he replied.

"I will, sir," she retorted.

He sets his steps one foot backwards, and then he leaves.