Chapter1 1: My life.

Chapter 1: My life.

 "Wake up Eva! Time for school!" It was my mum, trying to pull the covers away from me.

 I groaned when she finally got the covers off me. Great. Now I would need to get up, or else.

 I rubbed the crusties off my eyes and saw my mum was was already changed into her dairy shop T-shirt.

 My mum worked in a local dairy called "Canerbry" as the 'counter lady.' She only started the job a month ago. It was the best job she could find after moving into Anthony, my best friend's, house. We had been living in Anthony's house for three months.

 Three months ago, my dad died in a car crash.

Everything had been really hard for my mum and I since my dad was the one that had earned all of the money. We had to sell the house for dad's funeral which resulted in us having no where to live since all of my grandparents had died and I had no aunts or uncles. That was when Anthony's mum, Mrs. Ardley, my mum's greatest friend since high school suggested that we stay at their place until we were able to rent a flat. My mum hesitated at first about the offer, but soon realizing we wouldn't have anywhere to live, she agreed.

 The day after we moved into Anthony's house, my mum started looking for a job. She signed up for all the jobs that were available but she never got contacted by them. She slowly lost hope. It was then, at a rainy day, the phone rang. My mum picked it up, guessing that it might be those people who keep asking her to pay taxes.

 As she talked into the phone, her eyes got brighter and brighter and soon, tears started filling her eyes while a smile appeared across her face. She kept thanking the other person on the line telling them she will do her best. She hung up the phone and went over to me and gave me a huge tackle-hug.

The phone call was for a job. And she took it. A job at a local dairy. The salaries...not much, but enough to give Mrs. Ardley for our appreciation. Mum insisted on giving Mrs. Ardley rent money because she felt that we owed alot to her. This was true and Mrs. Ardley noticed that the electricity and water bills were had been higher ever since we moved in, so she took the rent my mom had offered.

I sat up straight on the double-sized bed I shared with my mum. If only luck can turn up on us, everything would be just right.

There was then a knock on the door.

 "Come in," my mum answered.

 The door opened revealing Anthony. He looked at me and held off a small chuckle.

 "Mum wants to ask what you'd like for breakfast."

 "Oh my, I can't let her cook by herself," my mum said to herself as she hurried out to the kitchen.

 There was then silence after my mum left the room. Anthony was still standing at the doorway. I looked at him, dreading to say something to brake the silence but then, he did.

 "Slept in again?" he asked.

 "Well, I don't have an alarm clock, ok?" I said, embarrassed by the thought that I am 17 and I still need to be told to get up.

 He chuckled. "Not even a terrorist bombing the city would wake you up. Let alone an alarm clock!" he said, talking more to himself and left, closing the door behind him.

I stood up and off the bed to the mirror. Now, as I examine the 'me' in the mirror did I realize what situation my hair was in. It was bad. REALLY bad. There were tangles everywhere! It was like looking at a lion's head but with my face as a replacement.

I yelled at the pain from my scalp as i tried to comb it. I tried tying it up into a pony tail but the tail ended up looking like a bunch of stiff hay. Gelling it only made matters worse as my hair started hardening up, making it even harder to untangle. There was only one last hope...water.