Staying with you

I'm so sorry that it took me so long to up date but my horse has been ill. Enjoy chicks.

Katie's POV (that's me by the way :P)

"George, now. The goats will starve if we don't get them food," I shouted at my brother. It had been our job for ages now to get bracken for the goats off the side of the road as they didn't have enough grass in the paddock for all for of them. The goats were relying on us (well me mostly this time) to get food for them to feed their kids.

Now George dragged behind while I pushed the wheelbarrow slowly, not thinking about much.

Mew, mew.

'Wha...' I thought. I shrugged ' huh, probably Tiggs'. (he is my cat BTW)

Mew

'Ok, that's not Tiggs, that's a kitten,' I registered internally. "Oi George, get your butt over here, I think there's a kitten trapped down the bank.

Mew mew meeeeewwwww.

"Oh, the poor thing," dumping the wheelbarrow I skidded to the edge of the bank. Using my natural, self-taught talent, I meowed back to it. Nothing. 

"Meh, probably nothing," I sighed, before Meeeeew?

"Hahahahahahahaha, told you," I said to my delusional brother, who was currently staring into space. What a dork! :P

We meowed and mewed back and forth for a bit before it hit me that it was still 'trapped' down there, in the cold abyss. I kicked into action. "George, come on, we're getting dad. I might be able to get down on a rope or something," the human brick said nothing, just shrugged.

*Sigh* I ran back to the house that was only ten metres away. 

"Dad, dad," I shouted into the hallway, "there's a kitten outside and we need to rescue it,". 

"I'm sure it's fine Katie and besides, we don't want anouther cat," sighing, I tried once more - "please dad, can we just get some rope and you can lower me down?" 

Dad shifted his weight. "Ok, but if it bites you or scraches you, it's not my fault," 

"YES," I shouted and then, "oh, ok that sounds good. I'll carry on with the goat food then," sweettalk was the best I could do for now.

I rushed back up to the wheelbarrow and found a) no George and b) no meows echoing out of the gorge. I shrugged and rushed off.

When I returned to the house, dad was there waiting with some rope, then dad and I walked down to the spot where I had first heard the kitten.

Nothing

Awkward silence blasted through my ears. "Hmm, it was definately there before," I said feebly, 'do something. You have to get dad to stay to hear it!' I thought. 

I meowed but there was nothing. 

"Oh well, it will come out in its own time," said dad. 

*Sigh* We walked off.

-----------------------------------------

Dee's POV

I was wandering along the bank, not long after my attack, when I heard birds chattering above me. However, these two were no birds. As I lay in the long grass, taking in their long back legs and their slender bodies, I wandered what these creatures were.

Then I clicked.

Humans

I had seen them only once before and my mother had pointed them out to me, telling me that these were providers of food.

My mother... *sigh*

Naturally, I meowed once to let them know I was there, though I knew that they had little chance of seeing me as my mother had told me that their eyesight was poor.

One of the humans, the tall and feminine looking one, turned its head in my direction, though its eyes furiously searched for me in the long grass.

Then, the strangest thing happened... It meowed back!

Startled, I mewed quieter but the human still heard me and meowed. How strange.

I didn't reply and instead, trotted over to a large bush, where from, I had a much better view of 'her'. Then I mewed again, louder this time.

This mewing and meowing went on for a while until, "George, come on, we're getting dad. I might be able to get down on a rope or something,"

I skidded off, frightened as ever, back down into the gorge.

There I waited for what seemed like eternity. I heard a few more desperate yowls before it was all quiet again.  

Then I had a short yet deep nap, dreaming of nothing.

I awoke to the sound of a large car passing and spraying dirt and rocks all over me. How rude. I got up, stretched and then walked up to the dirt path and up the shallow bank on the other side. 

What greeted me was interesting.

A goat and her tiny baby stood under a tree, looking quite contented and calm. However, I was troubled about the fact that attached to her neck was a long, silver snake and the goat couldn't care less! I had never seen a snake before but this thing matched my father's description - long, slender, shiny and noisy. I loped over and tentatively sniffed the body of the silver, noisy snake. Then, it moved. I lurched away and ducked under a bush. I only came out again once the snake had settled and the goats had lay down. 

I trotted over to the mother goat and sniffed her foot, watching her all the time. Before I had time to run away, the snake jangled and the goat's strong head connected with my tiny body, sending me flying through the air, landing a good metre away.

I didn't wait for an invitation to stay. I ran off down the bank and underneath the now dormant car, resting there while my body throbbed painfully. OW!

* * * * * * * *  

I didn't realise that I'd fallen asleep when footsteps woke me. 

The human was closer than I wanted. I zoomed out from under the car's body and underneath another car. 

"Oh, cuuuuuuuute!" I turned around to see the female human looking at me under the saftey of the car "see dad, I told you there was a kitten," an older looking human, a male, bent down and examind me with his eyes, then grunted. 

"Huh," exclaimed the girl, before running off. 

I lay down but stayed vigil.

-----------------------------------------------------

Katie's POV