5

It was later that evening, Me, Emma, Norman, Ray, Gilda and Don were in the one of the kids' rooms talking about outside because Emma had something to report. "Gilda and I decided to observe Mom again, and we noticed something strange. She disappears right before 8 every night." I furrowed my eyebrows in confused. 'Before 8 every night...' My eyes widened in realization. 'This must be the time she goes off and contacts HQ..!!' I look over at Emma when she said there was a secret room in the house. "Woah, really?!" Don asked. "Yeah, located here." She circled a spot on her 'drawing'.

"It's right next to Mom's bedroom. Mom's room is connected to both the bathroom and washroom, and then past that behind the wall is where her office is. But from what I've gathered, this probably isn't a wall." Gilda agreed with Emma. "As for me, what I noticed, is that she disappears into either the office or her washroom." I listened closely. "That said, I measured the distance of the inside of the room along with the hallway outside of it." I nodded. "Oh, that's what you were doing?" Norman asked. I rolled my eyes slightly. Don looked over then back at her as she answered with a yeah. "Okay and..?" He asked. "They didn't match. There's about 10 steps worth of space here. One side's a wall, the other has bookshelves. But I'm guessing they're hidden doors on both sides." She clarified.

"And beyond those doors, is Mom's secret door." Gilda added. "Why does something like that even exist?" Don asked. "It's probably for-" "Standard check-ins. I bet that's where she goes to check in with the Head Quarters every day. Makes the most sense." Ray interrupted. "Head Quarters?" Don repeated. "The base that supplies babies and sisters, like Krone to this house." Don gasped. "I'm curious Ray, Suzume, did you know about the room?" Emma questioned us. I looked at her, I shook my head as Ray spoke. "No but, I had a feeling it existed." Don spoke up.

"Let's try to get in, cause what if there's a way to like, talk to the outside in there? Or some clues about Connie and the others?" I scoffed. "Don't you think it'll be hard to get in?" Gilda replied. "Who cares?! We still have to try!" He responded. I uncrossed my arms. "Wait a second now, you know there's no advantage on doing that. I have a really big feeling that the communicator device only connects with HQ. Besides, I don't think Mama would know where our siblings were sent to." I told him. "So I don't think we'd find any clues. And don't forget the trackers can show where we're snooping..that is if the security in the room does it first. It's too risky."

Ray added. "Yeah but-" Don tried to argue. "Will you just listen?! We're trying to tell you that the benefits are greatly outweighed by the risks!" I scolded Don. "I agree. We still have to worry about Krone. So it's not really wise to make foolish moves." Norman agreed. "Exactly." Me and Ray both said. "We've still got Mom under control, but we're done for if Krone finds out, Keep that in mind." Ray pointed. Don and Gilda looked worried. "Please just listen, if you guys want to escape then don't do anything idiotic." I sighed. "Don, do me a favor and make dinner please, if one of us doesn't go-"

Don interrupted Ray. "Yeah I know." Him and Gilda walked out. I sighed and sat on the bed, already having a bad feeling. "If you guys want to escape?! Seriously Suzume?! Your still on that mindset?" Emma scolded me. I looked up at her. "Whats the point in escaping for me? It's useless." The three of them sighed. "Let's just..get back to that conversation okay? The next thing we need to look at is.." I started. "Outside." We all said. We spoke about everything for a while, planning the escape, mainly 3 steps. At least that's what Norman said. "Oh yeah! There was one more thing I wanted to mention." I looked over at Emma. "I have someone I want you to meet!"

We headed over to the library after we to let Emma show us. I look at the bookplates once they're laid out on the table. We realized that the circle on the bookplate was MorseCode. I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear as I watched Norman read the meanings of them. I glared slightly. 'The meaning of these messages...were warning us the entire time..Mr. William Minerva.' Emma and Norman got happy that the possibility of a human society could be existing beyond the wall. Emma grabbed two other books and showed Norman. The MorseCode in the maroon book was the word..Promise. I bit my lip. "So you're telling me..that this William Minerva was the one who published these books..to maybe perhaps warn us years beforehand?"

They nodded and agreed. I hummed in thought. "What is it?" Ray asked me. I shook my head. "I'm just thinking, this probably means that this guy knew about the farms from the moment they were made." Emma and Norman's breath hitched. I sighed. "We should go and check up on dinner." I looked at them as they relaxed and nodded. Once downstairs they talked amongst each other as we walked into the dining room. I stopped as my breath hitched. "Suzume? What's wrong-" I glared. "Don and Gilda." I spoke. "They're not here either!" Norman called from the kitchen." My eyes widened as I started to shake slightly. "Could they be?!" Emma turned around as I did. I bit my lip in frustration and punched the wall once I walked out into the hallway.

"Suzume..!" I scoffed. "That idiot never listens!!" Norman put a hand on my shoulder as they walked up. I looked over as Ray questioned him. We were talking later after dinner. Ray scolded them, getting carried away and eventually being interrupted by Don. "Tell us what would happen Ray? Would we all be..killed?" He spat. My eyes widened. He yelled at us, saying that they found Little Bunny, saying that we kept them hopeful, that we said we'd save them. "But we can't save them can we?! Cause they're all..Connie and the others are.." I glared at him. Emma's eyes widened as she stood up abruptly. "Look! I'm so sorry!" She bowed down.

"Then they're really.." Gilda spoke in shock. "You see Gilda? They were lying to us after all." He spoke. "What are you hiding? Just tell us the truth." I sighed and stood up as Norman told them everything. Don repeated everything that they were told. He sighed out in disbelief, then started to laugh like a maniac. Then out of nowhere, he punched Norman. Me, Emma and Gilda gasped. "Wait Don, stop!" Ray tried to walk up, I knew he was gonna get punched so I ran infront of him. "Don no-!" I fell back on the ground, my cheek was in so much pain. "Suzume!!" I heard everyone but Don call out. I laid on the floor, my vision was blurry. I heard Don apologize after rambling out how he felt, I slowly sat up. "S-Suzume..?"

I listened as Don walked out, Gilda most likely following. "Suzume..?" Ray's hands were on my shoulder as he crouched to look at me. I started to bawl my eyes out, the pain was too much. He hugged me tightly. "Did I...not have faith..?" Emma whispered. I leaned against Ray, sniffling. "Ah- Suzume!" Norman and Emma yelped, running over to me. I gently wiped my eyes and moved away from them, standing up unsteadily. "H-Hey, you shouldn't be standing if you're dizzy!" I looked at them. "I-I'll be fine-" I said as Ray walked up to me,  putting my arm around his shoulders

I pouted and let him help me. I was really upset, how could Don not have apologized? We walked outside, Ray helping me. After Norman and Emma apologized, Don apologized for hitting him and me on accident. "Well will you?" They turned towards us. My head on hanging low. "Yea..I forgive them, if the worst happens..I'll figure out how to deal with it. I should..also apologize..sorry." He said annoyed. "Suzume..?" They went quiet. Waiting for my response, I looked up slowly, but got really dizzy. So I just put a thumbs up. Don smiled happily. After Emma talked to them about them still being along with us, them saying yes of course, I couldn't stand any longer.

I let all my weight drop as I fell to the ground, accidentally dragging Ray down with me. "Suzume!?" They yelled. I  put a hand up slowly. "I-I'm..fine.." I said right before I passed out. Once I recovered that night, the next day during playtime that afternoon. We were walking in the forest. We as in Me, Don, Gilda, Emma and Norman. Ray was telling something to Mom to throw her off. We talked as we walked towards the gate, being caught off guard my Sister Krone. In the end, we joined forces with her, to help us escape.