Chapter 16

When we got to the hospital, I saw service dogs every where (as seen above). Then in the corner of my eye I saw my Brother on a gurney. I ran after him shouting "No No!!!" But something cot me. It was my dad. He threw me over his shoulder. I tried to wiggle over out to chase after Conner. I shouted "No Let me GOOO!!!!!".All the doctors and nurses started staring at me but I didn't care.

While we were waiting to see my brother a service dog came up to me and Amber. It was a French bulldog. On her collar it said London She was a Black and white dog with a yellow vest on that said Service dog in big bold letters. London had that look in her eye, That look that a dog gives you when a dog is trying to say "Pet me, you look upset."She reminded me of Hailey.

Finally the doctor came out and said "Conner O'Hare." My family jumped up and went to the doctor. "He has a broken foot, a scare on his face and a piece of glass in his ear. But, he is still breathing." He chuckled after that. I think he was trying to make us laugh but, it didn't work.

We went to room 292 that's where my brother was. He was laying there still. He didn't look alive. "Remember he is asleep so be quiet." said the nurse. Amber and I sat there playing minecraft together. When the nurse came in and asked us "Do you have a dog?".I stood you so quick, it look like I was about to fall. "Yes." I awnsered. "This is a dog friendly hospital, you can go get your dog."

It took some begging but,I got my mom to say yes. Just me and my mom went Amber and dad stayed.