Chapter 3 - Thoughts

"Sav, Sav". I heard Elizabeth call after me. "Stop". She said as she caught up to me. "What's wrong? I thought you would have liked your Mum to be the principal. I would have been happy if my mum worked here. I can't tell her this is a spy school and I can't see her all the time. You're lucky". She says to me sympathetically.
"I'm ok, I'm glad she works here. I'm just upset that she didn't tell me, not even Nick did. I thought I could trust them". I said sadly. We get to the front of our dorm room building and open it.
"As in Mr Blake? You to must be really close". She said to me.
"I guess we are close. My Dad died when I was young and I mean I always liked him when he was my P.E teacher but when he called me in to train for 'Black Guns' we became really close and I don't think he knows it but I kinds look to him as a father figure".
"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, I didn't know. But you should talk to him tell him that".
"Nar, then it will be awk-", I stopped when I saw something that looked out of place.
"What"? Elizabeth asked and followed my eyes.
"Look at this". I said and walked to the left of the stair case and pointed to a spot on the ground. "The tile pattern is four white medium squares that form one large white square with a cream coloured small square in the middle of the squares. But this one is four white medium squares that form a large one with a pale pink diamond in the middle. This has to be something don't you think"? I asked Elizabeth.
"It could have been just a tilling error? But this isn't just a normal school". She said and stepped on the tiles. Nothing happened. She stepped on just the middle one, just the four outside ones. Nothing.
"Maybe it is just a tilting error". I said to her but still thinking that it wasn't and I'm going to work out what it is! Nothing will stop me.