Chapter 20

I was sure at least half an hour passed. None of us said a word. We were both seated on my bed quietly staring at the wall ahead of us. 

Deku got up and said, "I'll be back in a couple hours. Stay here. Get some rest." I nodded and he left closing the door behind. I walked over to the door and locked it from the inside. 

Then I walked back to the bed and laid down, burying myself under the blanket. I soon fell asleep falling into a dark trance. 

"Hey, Deku! You really should be more careful." 
"Hehe, yeah. I guess you're right. I'll be more careful next time." 
"What are you having for lunch today?" 
"Katsudon..." 
"Ehh?! Again!? You must really like it then... I guess I can't blame you." 

                ........................................................

"Wake up. I'm back." 

"Deku. Just let me sleep a little bit more. I'm so tired right now. Class won't start soon..." I whined. A sigh escaped Deku's lips and he said, "Five more minutes." 

I heard footsteps step out and I jumped up. "I'm up!" I accidentally said a bit too loudly. Deku turned back in shock and nodded. 

He walked over to me and took one of my hands. I looked at him and when I was about to say something he pulled something out of his pocket and it was my necklace! I hugged him and thanked him for finding my necklace. Slowly, tears of happiness started to flow out of my eyeballs. 

"T-Thank you Deku! This... This necklace means the world to me..." I said, calming myself down. "Deku?" I asked. He let out a 'hm' and I started, "Why..?" He looked at me and I continued, "Why did you end up like this? How did you end up like this?"

He didn't say anything. He looked away. "Please." I said in a quiet, inaudible voice. He got off the bed and headed for the door. 

I let him leave. I laid down in bed and stared up at the ceiling. I wasn't going to cry about Deku now.