Chapter 3-Help

Vanoss's POV

        I walked into Delirious's room a couple minutes later and he was still on the floor in the same position. I closed the door behind me and walked to him. "Hey, buddy..." I said gently and crouched on the floor next to him. He looked up at me slightly. "I'm sorry about Wildcat, he's always like that, he's the toughest one of the group." I explained. I put my hand on his shoulder and he flinched. "I'm not gonna hurt you.." I promised. He soon relaxed under my touch.

        "Do you think I'm weak?" He asked. "I know your life has been hard in the past. That's hard to get over." I said. He smiled weakly at me then frowned again. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Nothing, I'm just letting Wildcat's words get to me..." He said with tears rolling down the side of his cheeks. I sat behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist, while my legs went on either side of his. (Psst, it's the cover of the book)

        "V-Vanoss, what are y-you d-doing?" He asks. "Comforting you..." I said. He leaned back and his back relaxed into my chest. We stayed in that position for a while, to comfortable to move. Then someone walked in. "Hey, Vanoss I got-" Wildcat said, but stopped in his tracks as soon as he saw us. Lui was with him too. "What's happening here?" Asked Wildcat. "I'm trying to comfort him, after what you said." I said, with venom in my voice. "Okay then?" He said and walked out with Lui. Me and Delirious soon fell asleep.

(Time Skip to morning.)

        I wake up, sitting on the floor, and something was in my arms. I look down and I see... Delirious?! Memories of last night flooded into my brain. I looked at Delirious and took this time to observe him. He was very scrawny and pale, with short blackish, brownish hair. He still looks like he hasn't eaten in weeks. Delirious stirs a bit then wakes up. He flutters his eyelashes, then looks up at me and jumps. "I-I'm sorry V-Vanoss." He stuttered, scared I was gonna yell at him. "It's fine, let's go get you something to eat." I say and get up. He nods and follows me out the door of his room.

        We were walking through the hallway and we were about to walk into the living room but he stopped. I looked back at him and he was hiding behind the corner that connected the walls to the living room and hallway, daring to peak into the living room. I look back into the room and Wildcat is there, sitting on the couch, watching TV. "It's okay, you can come out." I whisper to Delirious. He hesitantly walked out and we walked to the kitchen. Wildcat was glaring at Delirious the whole time. 

        "Go and work things out with Wildcat, I'm right in here if you need me." I say to Delirious. He nods and goes into the living room, while I cooked breakfast.

Delirious's POV

        I walked into the living room and sat next to Wildcat at the house. He shot me a cold glare and I flinched. "Why do you flinch so easily?" He asked. "I-I'm scared y-you're g-gonna hurt m-me..." I stuttered, out of pure fear. He moved closer to me and I held my breath. He grabbed my wrist, within a second, and squeezed it... HARD. I started to whimper but he squeezed harder. "VANOSS!" I yelped in fear and pain. Vanoss immediately came in. "Wildcat?!" He snapped. "Hold on, I'm testing him." Wildcat said, with his eyes focused on me.

        Then he moved his thumb to a specific spot and it started hurting like hell. I SCREECHED in pain and he finally let go. "8.5 seconds, if he's gonna be in the gang then he's gonna need some training." Wildcat stated. I was about to cry, but I was trying so hard to hold it in. Wildcat must have noticed. "Hold it." He commanded. I tried so hard to get the tears away. I was blinking frantically. "When I walk out of this room, I don't want to hear a single sob. Got it?" He asked. I nodded my head. He got up and went to his room. I didn't dare make a sound.

         "Are you okay, Delirious?" Vanoss asked, worriedly. "I'm fine." I whispered. "Let's go to the park." He said. I nodded my head.

Time skip to park.

        We were walking around, when a man came up to Vanoss. "Vanoss! You got a new gang member. What a shame he must go." The man said, cracking his knuckles. "V-V-Vanoss?" I stuttered. I looked back and saw Vanoss being held back by two men. "Let him go, Zixxy!" (random, name) Vanoss yelled. Zixxy grabbed me by the throat and lifted me in  the air. I kicked my legs, but his grip tightened. "V-V-V-Van-*gasp* noss!" I yelled through gasps. Vanoss finally got free and started wrestling Zixxy. Zixxy let go of me and ran away from Vanoss.

         I fell to the ground and started gasping for air. "Delirious, you okay?" He ask. I stayed silent. "Delirious?" He repeated. "Delirious?!" He snapped, worriedly. "Johnathon..." I whispered. "What?" He asked. I looked at him. "My real name is Johnathon..." I said, finally being able to trust him. He smiled. "My real name is Evan..." He said. I smiled and he helped me up and we walked home.