Chapter 2

Naina and Regan stopped at a massive mansion. It was their classmate Emma's house and she was the one hosting the party. Naina and Regan went out of the car and before they went in, Regan said: now just chill and have some fun! Also you better kiss Louis tonight.

Naina rolled her eyes with a smile and blush as they went in the house. The mansion may have looked massive on the outside but it was gigantic on the inside. 

Loud music was playing in the background but you could still hear people chattering and gossiping. There were drinks on the table and small snacks as well. Some couples were literally making out in corners. 

Hannah, Eva and Katie came up to the girls, drinks in their hands.

Eva: finally you guys came! I got you guys some beer!

Regan: I'm driving so no thanks.

Naina: I need to be sober else my parents won't take me seriously. 

Eva: fair enough. Come on girlies, let's socialise with people we will probably never see again.

Regan and Naina chuckled as they followed their girl gang. The girls found themselves taking to some girls who were the gossip girls of the century. They were always gossiping no matter what the occasion. 

Sofia: Naina, Louis is looking at you.

Naina turned her head seeing the blonde haired guy with a gorgeous toned body a.k.a Louis stealing glances from her as he talked with his mates. She gave a smile at him and then looked at the girls. 

Hannah: you need to talk to him.

Naina: are you sure?

Cheryl: YES! 

Naina: okay here it goes.

Katie: good luck girl!

Naina gave a small smile as she turned to walk to Louis. Louis managed to get away from his mates and was walking up to Naina. 

Naina: hey Louis.

Louis: hi Naina, you look really nice.

Naina: thanks. You also look nice.

Louis: cheers. Do you want some vodka?

Naina: no I'm fine.

Louis: I swear you never drink.

Naina: I had a sip once....I'm not fond of alcohol. 

Louis: I get ya. I only drink in parties but I never get drunk. Strange isn't it?

Naina nodded with a smile.

Louis: so....

Naina: so....

Oh lord, this conversation was like so awkward. The conversation felt like a heavy silence settled over them, thicker than the uneasy tension in the atmosphere.

Louis: your speech was great at graduation. 

Naina: thanks. 

Louis: you were like so brave. If I did that speech in front of people, I would die of fear. 

Naina: you? Scared? No!

Louis: yes! I may seem confident but I really am not.

Naina: you sure about that?

Louis: very. 

They smiled at each other, tight-lipped but still smiling. Naina played with her hair, twirling a strand as Louis looked at her dreamily. Then a song played. Don't Start Now by Dua Lipa.