Chapter 1: The Test

Hey, everyone!

I apologize so much for not updating anything in recent months. Lots of irl stuff got in the way and I completely forgot about some of the stuff I've been working on.

But this is something that I've been procrastinating on and I finally finished it.

Hope you guys like it and have a good read!
—————————

Zedaph walks out of his base and spreads the wings of his elytra, lighting a rocket and leaping into the air.

He soars the short flight to the shopping district, where one of his besties has been tirelessly chugging away at engineering a minigame hidden beneath the shopping district.

Given the name Decked Out in the early days of its creation, Zedaph assisted in small redstone contraptions such as pufferfish detectors and various redstone lines that travel throughout the dungeon, but he has no idea how the game even works.

But Tango summoned him to the lobby of Decked Out so he could be a, um ... a guinea pig.

Yes, that's right. Zedaph is the one who's going to test the game before it officially opens.

He zooms towards the gigantic Ravager head and lands just inside, skidding to a stop. He spreads his elytra wings once again and floats down the stairs towards the lobby of the game, towards where he's supposed to meet Tango.

"Tango?" Zedaph calls, his voice echoing through the lobby and he pulls up on his elytra, landing softly on the spongy of the Nether.

"Hey, Zedaph!" the blonde calls, climbing up through a hole in the floor. Bits of redstone dust are littered in his hair, evident that he's been tinkering with Decked Out. "Sorry, routine maintenance had to be done." He heaves himself out of the hole, releasing a pained grunt, and lays on the red moss.

Zedaph shrugs and sits down next to his friend. "Hey, I get it," he replies, wrapping his hands around one of his knees.

After a couple minutes of rest, Tango sits up and gets to his feet. "Come on," he says, pulling Zedaph to his feet. "You got a game to test."

Zedaph groans. "Don't remind me," he replies, falling down the small flight of stairs going into the waiting area of Decked Out and landing on his face.

"Dude, you okay?" Tango asks in concern, kneeling next to his fallen friend.

Zedaph nods and painfully pushes himself up. "I'm fine," he replies in a strained voice. "Just missed a step, that's all."

Tango sighs and helps his friend up. "Zed, why do you do this to yourself?" he asks, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Zedaph shrugs. "I have no idea," he replies. "But I know that it's annoying to you and Impulse."

Tango just stares at his friend, his jaw slack. "Why would we be annoyed by what you do?" he asks, genuinely confused.

Zedaph just shakes his head. "Never mind," he says, turning away.

Tango sighs. "Well, come on," he says quietly, walking with Zedaph to the entrance of the dungeon. "Time for you to test the dungeon."

The shorter blonde nods and they stop in front of the closed iron doors. Zedaph closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. He opens the barrel and places his dungeon key inside, hearing redstone working as the hopper underneath the barrel sucks the key in. The iron doors open and Tango excitedly hurries up the stairs, but stops halfway up to look at Zedaph.

"Zed?" Tango asks, walking back down the stairs to his friend. "You okay?"

Zedaph shakes his head. "I'm so nervous, I can't will myself to move," he replies honestly.