Chapter 3

Unedited chapter

************************************

Chapter 3

Congratulations

I can't stop thinking of what happened yesterday. That's why, the result is, I slept late and woke up late. I only had 30 minutes to fix myself and thankfully, I made it in time at school.

Good thing I was not late. Phew. Natsume is still not in here so I was a bit happy. Because I feel like if I see him today, I will feel uncomfortable especially that I sit next to him.

God. Please, I hope he skips class.

I silently prayed. For the meanwhile, I was next to Hotaru and Inchou. We were talking about things and such.

"By the way, Mikan. I did not get to ask this yesterday but what do you mean by your uncle and you?" Inchou asked.

Hotaru slightly nodded agreeing with Inchou.

"Oh, my uncle is the principal of the high school department."

"HUH?!" They both shouted in unison. Because of their shout, we gained attention. They said sorry making the others proceed to whatever they were doing.

I was confused. "Why? What about it?" I asked.

"Mikan, having an Uncle as the high school principal? That guy is the strict of strict!"

I ceased my forehead. "Huh?"

"Like I said, he is the meanest!"

I shook my head. "Uncle is not mean. Infact he gave me 10,000 rabbits."

There eyes popped out due to shock.

"10,000 r-rabbits?" Inchou asked, in disbelief.

I nodded as a response. "Yeah. But I only brought with me 1000 rabbits."

"10,000. I can't believe this. Special star students only get 550 rabbits. Mikan-chan, your now the richest student in here." Inchou spoke. I literally can see his soul seeping out of his body.

"Special star?" I asked.

They both looked at me. They nodded. "You did not know? There are actually five kinds. First is, The no star. Students with no star suffers the most. They also don't get rabbits. And 1 star students get 5 rabbits. The 2 gets 10 rabbits and the 3 stars get 100 rabbits. And of course, the special star gets 550." Inchou explained.

I nodded. Understanding everything now. Wow. Whoever made this academy, must be so smart and rich.

"Come to think of it, you entered the academy because of your uncle right?" Hotaru asked.

I nodded. "Yes. My mother left me with my uncle and then this sorta happened."

"Ohhh..."

We were stopped talking when someone pushed the door open and flashed Natsume, Luca, and the others.

I blushed. Remembering what happened. I already forgot about that though! Ugh!

They walked in. I pretended to be doing something when I felt someone standing beside me. Hotaru and Inchou kept on tugging me.

I looked at them. "What?!" I asked. They pouted and seemed to trying to tell me something.

I looked at what they were pointing and saw Natsume intimately looking at me. I suddenly became nervous.

"W-What?" I asked, stuttering.

He shook his head and continued walking to the his designated chair. I sighed in relief.

"Hmm.."

I almost jump out of scare when Hotaru suddenly popped out.

"I smell something fishy." She said.

"H-Huh?"

She just smirked. Then Narume-sensei went in with another funny costume. I had no choice but to go back to where I am originally sitted. Beside Natsume.

"Hey ugly." He called when I was finally sitting next to him.

My forehead ceased and I looked at him.

"Are you talking to me?" I asked

He looked around, amused by what I said.

"Do you see anyone in here as ugly as you?"

Ouch. I got so angry that I stepped on his foot under the table. He squinted getting everyone's attention.

"Is there anything wrong Natsume?" Narume-sensei asked.

He shook his head. "Nothing. Something bit me. That's all."

I was trying so hard to not laugh but I couldn't. He got angry so he burned my hair.

"Ahhh! What is wrong with you?!" I said, almost a whisper.

He looked at me with bloodshot eyes making me shut up. I did not talk again for my safety. He looked like he would hurt me.

"Okay, Mikan-chan! We have determined you star rank!" Narume-sensei asked.

My face lit up and everyone started mumbling. I even heard someone saying 'Pfft. She might have low scores.' and 'She might get no stars. HAHAHA' and stuffs like that.

At times, I would get offended, but right now? I'm pretty curious and happy to know what my star rank is.

"What is it teacher?" I asked, sounding so excited.

He gestured me to come over so I went to the front near him. I was smiling widely wanting to know what it is already.

"So? So?" I said sounding impatient.

He chuckled. "Calm down, young lady."

He got something out of his pockets and stick something to my collar. I was so surprised when I saw 3 stars in it. Out of joy I jumped into him and hugged him tight.

He laughed at my reaction. "You were this excited huh?"

"Uh-huh." I nodded fast still not taking my eyes out my collar.

I was so proud at myself for getting 3 stars. I looked up to Narume-sensei. He was smiling at me.

"Thank you, sensei." I said.

"Your welcome."

I was about to thank him again when someone said 'Sensei, how many stars did she get?'

All of them laughed except for Hotaru, Inchou, Natsume and his alipores.

"Mikan-chan? She got 3 stars."

All of them stopped and looked at my collar in my chest. They couldn't believe it. Maybe because they believe that I can't do anything.

Hotaru and Inchou went to me and hugged me tight congratulating me. The others still did not recover from it.

"B-But why?" Permy asked.

"Oh, it's because she scored a 100%" Narume-sensei said. They could not believe it that they even said 'What?' so loudly.

Heck yeah! I'm smart! Hotaru and Inchou smiled at me so did I.

I went back to my seat and we proceeded with class. In the middle of discussion, Natsume handed me a small sheet of paper with a 'Congratulations' written in it.

I looked at him and mouthed thank you. Even if his a bad boy and everybody expects him to be always a bad ass, deep down, he has a good heart.