♡ After Everything ♡

Chase’s POV: 
I stood in front of the door, holding a bag of pretzels which happened to be Gert’s favorite snack and a water bottle. I was contemplating whether I should’ve gone in or not. I didn’t want to bother her, but I also wanted to check up on her. I had probably been thinking about what to do for about 5 minutes, until I finally decided to walk in. When I walked in, I saw Gert sitting on the bed, her hands on her head as she quietly sobbed. I slowly walked over to her. “Hey.. I brought you your favorite..” She just kept looking down. I didn’t know if she heard me, so I spoke again. “Do you.. want anything?” She used the back of her hand to wipe a tear off her face and looked up at me. “I want to be left alone,” she said quietly. “But thanks.” I nodded. I was a little hurt by what she had said, but what did I expect? I mean, she’s Gert. I should’ve expected that kind of reaction instead of whatever I did expect. And she did have a reason to be mad. So, I just put the food next to her and walked out.

Gert’s POV:
I watched as Chase left the room, feeling a bit disappointed in myself. I shouldn’t have been so mean. He didn’t deserve that. No matter what he did or.. didn't do. I started sobbing again at the thought of yesterday. Why did it have to happen? I looked at Old Lace, knowing that she knew everything that I was thinking. “I wish I went with her” I said, feeling my whole body stop by remembering everything. “Then maybe none of this would’ve happened.”