14

Tanaka's POV

"Y/n-chan. I-I love you" I said it. I was looking down, my hands shaking, and my face most likely very red. But I did it. I told her.

I waited a few seconds, while looking at her hands that were still being held by mine. She didn't respond, so I glanced at her face.

Y/n's POV

As the words came out of his mouth and reached my ears, I felt my heart grow. I could feel my cheeks burning, and even my hands were a shade of pink.

He told me he loved me.

I was standing there, speechless, trying to process what just happened. Him, Tanaka Ryuunosuke, loves me. And he just confessed.

I realized he was waiting for a response. I didn't even have to think about it. The words just came out of my mouth, like they've been locked up in a cage, waiting to be set free.

"I love you too"

As soon as I finished the sentence, his arms wrapped me in a hug. His head was resting on my left shoulder, while both his hands were wrapped around my body, squeezing it tight, like he had been longing for this for a long time.

The familiar warmth his hugs always made me feel was once again present. I slowly raised both my arms up, wrapping them around his back.

I could feel his heartbeat, as well as mine, which were both running miles. Every time he exhaled, his breath left a warm feeling on my shoulder.

Time seemed to have stopped, and everything around us disappeared. Nothing mattered anymore. Only the person who's arms were hugging my body with such kindness, I felt like it was the only thing I needed in this world.

We stayed like that for a few minutes, which passed by too fast. When he let go, we both looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds, and then he did the unexpected, which was also kind of the expected.

His face slowly moved closer to mine. He looked me straight in the eye for a brief second and then kissed me, one hand caressing my right cheek, and the other holding my left hand.

My body was taken over by the most pleasant feeling I'd ever experienced. My lips felt like they beloged in his, as I was taken over by this completely unknown sensation.

I'd never kissed someone before. But his kiss made me glad he was my first.

After a few seconds, he slowly drifted away.

"U-Um.. I'm sorry if it was too much... I got a bit carried away" he said, smiling nervously while blushing and rubbing his neck.

His right hand was still holding mine. I squeezed it, giving him a genuine smile.

"It was just perfect"
"So, I guess we're a couple now, right?"
"Yep" I said, not being able to keep myself from smiling.

My attention was then caught by the whole team coming out of the restaurant and towards us. Nishinoya came almost running to Tanaka, asking him how it went, as the others were surrounding both of us.

So they all new about this? "Wait, you guys knew?"
"Yep. Ryuu told us all one time after practice when you left early" Nishinoya said, him and Hinata jumping around.

So everyone knew, except for me. That was interesting.

"You're gonna have to tell me the whole story later" I whispered to Tanaka.
"Sure. But it's a long one"

After a few more questions, we went home. In the bus, I sat next to Tanaka, and we held hands. We were both blushing at first, but we slowly got used to it, and by the time we made it to school, where everyone would go home from, neither me nor him wanted to let go.