𝟎𝟎𝟐

( EMMELINE KINGSLEY )

-ˏˋ♥̩͙♥̩̩̥͙♥̩̥̩ ⑅ ⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊ

♥*♡∞:。.𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍 𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐀. 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐏 𝐍𝐎𝐖! that's what the message emmeline sent to garret looked like. the girl left her phone and school bag in the band room and had to warn her brother immediately, so she used percys phone which luckily had garrets number saved.

the two burst out of the alley onto east 81st and ran straight into annabeth. daughter of athena. and emmeline's annoying cousin. "hey, you're out early!" she laughed, grabbing my percys shoulders to keep him from tumbling into the street. "watch where you're going, seaweed brain." she laughed looking the boy up and down before turning to emmeline and holding back a laugh. "why do you look like a bag of flour fell on you" she joked referring to the grey stained skirt.

for a split second she was in a good mood and everything was fine. she was wearing jeans and an orange camp t-shirt and her clay bead necklace. her blond curly hair was pulled back in a ponytail. her gray eyes sparkled. She looked like she was ready to catch a movie. then rachel elizabeth dare, still covered in monster dust, came charging out of the alley, yelling, "percy, wait up!" and annabeth's smile turned sour.

she stared at rachel, then at the school. for the first time, she seemed to notice the black smoke and ringing fire alarms. she frowned at the two. "what have you done this time? and who's this?"

"oh, rachel-annabeth. annabeth-rachel. um, she's our friend, I guess." percy shrugged unsurely as rachel took a place besides emmeline.

"hi," rachel said. then she turned to emmeline and percy. "you are in so much trouble" she said to percy before talking to emmeline "and you still owe me an explanation!" police sirens wailed on fdr drive.

"percy," annabeth said coldly. "we should go." for once her anger wasn't directed at emmeline. she almost seemed jealous.

"i want to know more about half-bloods," rachel insisted. "and monsters. and this stuff about the gods." she grabbed percys arm, whipped out a permanent marker, and wrote a phone number on his hand. "you're going to call me and explain, okay? you owe me that. now get going." she urged them.

"but-" emmeline was about to argue but was cut off by rachel.

"i'll make up some story," rachel said. "i'll tell them it wasn't his fault. just go!" she ran back toward the school, leaving annabeth, emmeline and percy in the street.

"hey!" percy began jogging after a walking annabeth. "there were these two empousa's," he tried to explain. "they were cheerleaders, see, and they said camp was going to burn, and-" he was cut off as annabeth turnt abruptly looking betrayed.