School Bell

While the school bell rings everyone rushes to get to their seats before Mrs. Hanley starts attendance.

I lean my head toward Emily and told her I might be going to Mexico with Meloney this summer.

She told me she will be going to Germany to learn more about her ancestors who once lived there, and then she told me a joke that Germans would laugh their heads off if they heard it, but she said it in English.

We both started laughing. Mrs. Hanley herd us and gave us a warning. Quickly we sat back up.

After attendance Mrs. Hanley walked up to her talking stand and announced all the students who have summer birthday's then gave them a treat and wished them a Happy Birthday.

I was one of the seven kids who walked up there. My birthday is in July around Emily's birthday. We always celebrate our birthdays together.

After the birthdays she announced the last day of school is in three days and any late work must be turned in.

I just wish she would just close her trap and we get to read or have our own time, but no, she has to talk about how the end of the year will work or what not. She has told this to us many times and it get super annoying.

Finally, the bell rang for our next class. I rushed through the hall to Mr. Tully for math class, one of my favorites.

He was talking to another teacher about how he wants to have a secret end of the year party, too bad it's not a secret anymore.

As loud as he talks the whole world can probably hear him. I just sat down at my desk. I sit next to Meloney and Jade.

Jade is very nice and we love to chat when the teacher isn't looking. She tells amazing stories.

I leaned toward Meloney and asked her "Where were you earlier?"

"Oh sorry I had to go to my homeroom for the end of the year play rehersal. Didn't you hear about it on the announcements?" she replied

"No I guess I was to busy picking up my bag and thinking about how to crush those boys who tripped me." I stated

"You know the rumor that boys who are mean to you like you." she told me

"Shut up if guys like you it would be better to treat them with respect and say their sorry. Anyways they are wierd, two grades under us, and one of them is my brother." I answered

"Good point," she said.

We heard the bell ring and we all knew what happens when Mr. Tully hears talking after the bell, he tells a stupid lecture about not talking out of turn.

He was still busy talking so I decided to lean toward Jade and I told her how I knew about the end of the year party then she told me she was the one who planned the whole thing and told that to him.