Yule ball (Nine)

The Yule Ball was today. Today is December 25th, aka Christmas. Me and Sunny spent the night in my dorm. I'm really the luckiest guy ever. I don't know what I would do without her. The whole gang was coming back today and I'm glad. They always made Sunny really happy, which made me really happy.

When I got up Sunny was still asleep so I just decided to go take a shower. I got out and wrapped a towel around my waist. When I left the bathroom Sunny was awake.

"Good morning Sunny, Merry Christmas" I said smiling at her. She always looked so pretty in the mornings.

"Good morning to you Draco, right back at ya" she got up to come give me a hug. She was so warm, her hugs always comforted me. We had matching flannel pyjamas, she was already in her's and I was just going to put mine on. We did look cute I must say.

When I finished putting on the matching pyjamas we both came and sat on my bed. I wanted to give her the present I got her. It was going to look beautiful on her. I pulled a small rectangle wrapped box out from under my pillow. When she saw it she reached under my bed to grab what I only assumed was mine. I told her to open mine first and she did. I was so excited for her to open it. I put a lot of thought into it. It's hard finding the prefect gift for someone who's given you everything.

"Oh my goodness Draco It's beautiful" she said. That made me happy. I had gotten her a necklace with a heart on it. The front side was covered in diamonds and on the back it had my initials D.M carved into it. I wanted everyone to know she was mine, and only mine.

She handed me her box. It was small like a ring box. I was even more excited to open this. She had truly given me everything I'd ever wanted. I don't know what else I would want.  When I opened the box inside was a ring. It had green diamonds throughout it and she had her initials carved into it on the back. It reminded me of the one I had given her when I asked her to the Yule Ball. She still wears it which is the cutest. It was such a nice ring. God I loved her so much.

"Sunny I love it, I love-", I stop myself, "I love it", I say again.

Did I really almost just say I love you. I'm so stupid. She would have never said it back.

I went to say something to Sunny, but I saw a brown barn owl land on my slightly cracked open window. It was one of the gang's owls. It had a letter saying that everyone was here. Sunny and I bolted all the way to the entrance of Hogwarts, she hugged all of them and I just stood there smiling. They were all here finally.

It was now 5pm and the Yule Ball began at 8pm. Ginny, Luna, Amelia, Tracey, all ran up to Sunny's dorm and started to get dressed. This was going to be the best night of my life. I couldn't wait to see how beautiful Sunny looked. Cedric, Blaise, and I went up to my dorm to get ready. By 7:55 we were all ready and walked to the Great Hall. The girls were going to meet us there. Ginny and Luna walked in first together and they looked great. Then Cedric and Amelia. Blaise and Tracey went in next and Blaise looked pretty sharp.. Now it was me and Sunny's turn. I was so nervous, but at the same time I couldn't wait to see her.

I turned the corner to see Sunny. My jaw literally dropped. She was wearing the biggest green ballgown with her hair half up half down. She looked so gorgeous I couldn't believe my eyes. I gave her the corsage I got her, which matched her dress perfectly and I saw her wearing my necklace. That made me even more happy. We started to walk in.

"You look breathtaking Sunny" I whispered as we entered the Great Hall. She started to blush and it made my heart skip a beat. I couldn't stop staring at her she was so beautiful. We danced all night never losing eye contact. She had the biggest smile all night and I was glad. Before we left we hung out some more with Blaise and Amelia. That was the best night of my life just as I predicted.

We left the Yule Ball at midnight and went up to the roof of Hogwarts. We sat there talking for hours on the roof. We talked about our future and she asked me something.

"Your dad is a well know death-eater. Would you ever consider being one?"

This question made my heart drop. Is this really how she saw me. Of course I'd never be one I can't even stand my father. Although I'd never say that out loud.

"No I wouldn't, I love you too much Sunny" I said. And every part of that sentence was true.

She paused but then she said, "I love you too Draco."

I grabbed her face and kissed her. That's all I've ever wanted to hear her say. We're those five words. Those five words saved me in every and any way possible.

"You don't know how long I've waited to hear that, I love you."