1. ENTRANCE EXAM

play songI CAN'T STOP ME - TWICE

play song
I CAN'T STOP ME - TWICE

The rain cascades onto the streets, making the sky look darker than it really is.

You watch the raindrops on the window of the car you're in, drop and drop. You glance beside you to see both of your parents on their phones, as usual.

You let out a huff as your mind drifts to the events that occurred last week. You had finally gotten the strength to bring up the entrance exam for U-A. The joy that you had quickly vanished as they erupted into anger. Part of you understands, given your family's history, but it just didn't make sense to you. Wouldn't this be a good thing? Wouldn't you getting into U-A be good for your family's name?

Apparently not.

They prohibited you from doing the entrance exam.

Yeah, like you were going to listen to them.

Even though you would most definitely sneak out to enter the entrance exam, it was simply impossible. There was no way you could sneak past all of the security systems set up inside of your house. Which just meant you had to find some other way to enter.

You had heard of entering through recommendations. The grades aspect would be absolutely no problem as you were the top of all of your classes, earning honour roll for all of your subjects. Your quirk was a powerful one, so again - this would be no problem. The problem comes from your family. Or your grandma, to be specific.

Hopefully U-A was able to overlook the stain that your psychotic grandma left onto Japan.

Entering was easy as your parents were rarely ever home. And if they were home, they were usually inside of their offices. So you had ample time and privacy to apply.

Ever since applying, you had your heart in your throat. This would be the only opportunity that you had to bring peace to the Koko name. This would also be the only opportunity that you had to have your own glory. Living in the shadows of fashion moguls, Aiko and Joji Koko and infamous villain, Ritsuko Koko was becoming painful. Why couldn't anyone see that you were your own person?

The entrance exam was yesterday. Results were supposed to be announced today and all you could do, was wait.

You're pulled out of your thoughts when the car comes to a stop, signalling that you have arrived. You glance once again towards your parents to see them waiting for your security guards to come open the door, not wanting to get wet from the rain. You scoffed at them, opening the door and walking out. You barely get the chance to grab the door handle before you're stopped by your father. "You're going to get wet, sweetheart. We can't be seen looking like that," You deadpan at him, before slumping back into the seat.

You're escorted inside of the building, your security guards holding umbrellas to prevent the rain from soaking you. You grimace slightly at the paparazzi's flashing and shoving their cameras into your faces, before being pushed aside by the guards. Your parents are by your side, smiling at the cameras. Clearly enjoying the attention.

Thanks to your guards, you were safely ushered inside of the restaurant. You barely make it inside, before you're being taken to your table. 'The best seat in building' As the overzealous waiter told your parents before handing out menus.

Taking the seat across from your parents, you start looking through the menu. Your parents do the same.

"This sounds good, dear. I might get it, what do you think?" your mom says to your father as they decide what to get.

Your phone starts vibrating from inside of your purse.

1 gmail notification

Confusion clouds your face, why would I be getting an email? You unlock your phone to see that it's from....U-A. Wait-

"Y/N, sweetheart, what are you going to get?"

"I got in" you mutter, eyes wide in disbelief.

Your mom stares at you, eyebrows furrowed, "Y/N, speak clearly, I didn't hear what you said,"

You bring your phone upwards, with shaky hands, to show them the email, "I got into U-A," Your mouth slowly curling up into a smile.

Excitement causes you text your best friend, Mina, with news of your acceptance. Excitement also causes you to not see the tears falling down your mother's face and the anger shown on your father's.