Corpse

Am I different? No, I'm just crazy. I barely go out, and if I do, I make sure not to talk. Everyone knows my voice from a mile away. If I get found out, who knows what will happen. My face isn't the best. I rolled over from my bed to look at my phone only to see a meeting code for among us.

"I guess it's time for another stream..." I got everything set up and made sure to block the code as I started the live steam. "Alright today we will be playing with new people, only a few their names are Valkyrae, Ryan, Pooki, Ludwig, Toast, Greaseball, and Sykkuno. Well let's get started, shall we? Let me join the call and we're in."

"Hey, corpse how's it going?" Jack said.

"Hey, it's going good." The whole chat was in shock.

"W-Woah, that's a deep voice you got there." It was a faint voice below everyone's awe.

"Wait who said that?" I asked. It was so soft, almost like holding a newborn baby in your arms. It made me feel so comfortable.

"M-Me?" I read the name, and it was Sykkuno.

"Yeah...your voice is really soothing," I mentioned.

"My voice nah yours is beyond comprehension." He laughed lightly. His laugh was so adorable.

The chat kept talking as I was thanking my followers. I actually had two computers, and I decided to listen to Sykkuno's twitch stream. "Hey, Kuno I had a question."

Everyone paused. "Kuno?!" Valkyrae said surprised.

"Y-Yes Corpse?" I looked at the stream only to see him embarrassed.

"How old are you?"

"I'm 28..." He answered.

"Oh so when I asked you wouldn't answer but you answer to corpse?!" Jack yelled in disbelief.

"Copse why did you want to know that though?" Kuno sits in silence like everyone else as he waited for my answer.

"I just wanted to know how many years apart we are from each other." I shrugged lightly.

"How many years is that?" He looked confused on his stream.

"5 years younger..." I trailed off.

"Wait you're 23?! I thought you were like 30 no offense. Why did you want to know that?" Sykkuno scratched his head. "Is he in love with me guys?" He asked the chat.

"No reason, just curious." I was not about to get too happy. I mean, I barely even know this guy. Whatever doesn't matter.

We ended up playing among us for three hours. "Hey, Kuno do you want to play Minecraft at some point together?"

"Huh? Y-Yeah, we can if you don't mind. I would love to play with you again. Thanks for playing with us!" I could see him smile through his stream.

"Yeah, I'll message you okay?"

"Of course, anytime." I could hear him giggle from the call. I said goodbye and ended the stream. I watched Sykkuno's stream after on my bed. I smiled at his comments, and of course, I did subscribe to him. I talked to him through the stream for a little bit.

Sometimes I just watched it. I hated to admit it, but he was adorable. His past videos were very intense. Watching his first video was like watching Kubz Scouts play cup head on pacifist mode. He yelled, but it was almost soft when he did it. I may or may not have looked at all his videos from the very first video he ever posted, but it's not that bad. Then I heard a ring coming from my phone.

Sykuwu: Do you still wanna play or are you tired? We don't have to stream.

Corpse: Yeah and no stream please I know we have to set up something beforehand so I just wanna chill and talk.

Sykuwu: FaceTime or call?

Sykuwu: Wait never mind just regular call right?

I hesitated for a moment before answering

Corpse: We can do a face time call. I'll be shy but since we're not streaming, we can do a face time call.

Sykuwu: Really?! I don't want to force you Corpse...

Corpse: No really it's fine.

Sykuwu: Okay! :)

I didn't even get a chance to put my phone down because he called. I answered right away and put the phone next to my computer. "Hey Corpse, how's it going?" He waved.

"Good, guess what?" I bit my lip, but I knew he couldn't see it. My room was pitch black because my light was off.

"What?"

"I'm watching your videos right now..."

"Nooooooo." He groaned, and that made me laugh.

"What is it you sound adorable in these videos. I like watching an adorable person try to be angry. Your annotations are the best." I laughed.

"No, no those videos will forever be the death of me. How far are you?" He covered his mouth, which I found cute.

"I'm in the league of legends part." I looked a the title. "Let's get started." I turned on my light, and my white walls showed on the screen.

"Wow so bright...." He trailed into silence when I sat back in the chair. "Wow...you look..."

"Hideous?"

"No."

"Weird?"

"No."

"Depressed?"

"No! You look perfect Corpse." He gave me a bright smile. "So yeah, basically you have to set up a mod for it. Do you know how to do it?"

I scratched the back of my head. "W-Well, no but does it take long?" I asked.

He sighed. "Yeah, if you know what you're doing. I wish I could be there to show you it's probably much easier to do it in person than over the phone." He ran a finger through his hair and bit his lip.

"S-Sorry..." I apologized.

"No! No it isn't your fault Corpse. I swear. I'll teach you anyway okay? So first we start with..." I didn't even listen to what he said. I was fidgety, and I have no clue what's wrong with me today, but I said something that I never imagined myself saying in at least 30 years.

"Maybe...you could come over sometime..." Why did I say that? My anxiety just talking to him over the phone is at an all-time high. Maybe I should wear a mask. Yeah, I'll wear a mask so he can't see me. Why am I like this? Why can't I just tell him? It's not that hard, and yet it feels like a door I just can't seem to open.

I paced back and forth. What if Kuno doesn't like me anymore. Like what if he thinks I'm ugly. If he finds out, what will happen to our relationship? I mean he has seen my face, but in person is different. What is wrong with me?