Chapter 2

Chapter 2

        “What do you want to start with, Saph?” Icicle asked, after we changed into our Training clothes, which were pale blue bodysuits that were one shade lighter than Icicle’s hair. I was also wearing my matching pair of knee high boots, and had tied my hair into a messy roll at the back of my head.

        “How about what Elemento told me to review, then I could try a few new ones, if I do well,” I replied.

        “You always do well,” commented Icicle.

        “Thanks, but it was all because of your and Elemento’s help, Ice,” replied Sapphire. “Oh yeah, and Spy Power Training.”

        “Let’s start now, I really want to show you the new stuff that I’ve learnt,” said Icicle eagerly.

        “Okay, El told me to review the ‘Ice Flash’ and the ‘Shard Tornado’,” Sapphire said as Icicle went for the dummy they usually used to practice their spells on.

        “Don’t forget the ‘Shard Splash’”, added Icicle as he returned, dusting the dummy, for they hadn’t practiced in a while, and there was a few glass shards and sand on it from the last time that they had. “Let’s begin with the last spell El told you to review.”

        “Okay. That would be the Shard Splash”, I added with a smile. It’s rare that I can smile, with Ruby always around me.

        “Go for it,” he told me with his mischievous smirk, standing behind the dummy, a few feet back.

        I stretched out my hand to try the Shard Splash on Icicle’s dummy until we heard the doorbell ring, which made me jump so suddenly that I aimed the spell badly and it hit the titanium wall. The wall didn’t break, but the spell began to ricochet around in the room, forcing the two of us to duck for cover.

        “Oh no! What do we do now?” Sapphire asked Icicle, who was almost flat on the floor.

        “No clue,” Icicle replied, as the spell skid closely towards them, and a stray shard scraped me on the leg. Luckily I was in my Suit so nothing happened.

        Suddenly the spell flew towards the doorway, and disappeared. We stood up again, looking at a smiling Elemento coming downstairs.

        “Hey Sapphire! What happened with the spell?” said Elemento, who was nice, and always liked to help people.

        “Hey, El. How’d you get in?” I asked him, resting my arm on the dummy’s shoulder.

        “Uh…” Elemento said, looking behind him.

        Sunstorm walked down into the Practice Room, looking soaking wet. “Hey guys! Sapphire Jewel! What’s going on down here? I didn’t know Ice was still with you! I thought he had moved on by now, and was with someone older, and with no temper!” interrupted Sunstorm, walking right up to me and shaking his wet hair towards me though he knew very well that my element was ice, and water could weaken me.

        “Hey, watch it!” I exclaimed harshly, moving backwards and stumbling slightly.

        Elemento muttered something that didn’t sound to pleasant, and watched me to see what I would do or say to Sunstorm.

        “Whatever, Ice Girl.” replied Sunstorm, eyeing Icicle, who was watching him with a frown.

        “Ugh,” I muttered to myself, moving even further backwards and rolling my eyes