Chapter two

2 years before the split.

(Creativity's POV)

I look down at the imagination and start to think about the future of the kingdom. I know I'm not gonna be around for very much longer. I mean, Thomas is ten and he's only going to continue to sort things into categories of right and wrong eventually leading to my split. I start to think of my friends, what will they think of the idea? I imagine Logic would be rather fascinated and Morality a little confused. Suddenly I get an idea. I'll write down things for the twins to find in the imagination. I'll always be there to guide them through their reign even if I'm gone. I quickly head to my favorite cave and begin my magic. I want to see them both happily married before they take the throne, but something tells me they might not find it. So I entrust my dearest friends to the task. I know they will never let me down... They never have.

(Current time)

(Virgil's POV)

I frequently look back to make sure Roman's still behind me as I make my way to the spot. Once we get there, I pull out my phone and open my translator app. "So what exactly did you find?" Roman asks, I can hear the curiosity in his tone. "I'm not totally sure but I do have reason to believe that it's a message from King Creativity." I explain, Roman has a look on his face that tells me it makes sense but not really. "I think it's about you and Remus. Perhaps he left you two a few notes to help rule the imagination." I say. He looks at me with a thoughtful expression. "Come to think of it, that would make a lot of sense. Perhaps he knew one day he was going to split so he wrote down some kind of instructions for us to help because he wouldn't be there to help us in person." He says, still wearing his thoughtful expression. I nod as the message starts to appear like it does every morning. I quickly snap a picture and upload it into my translator. "Finally, we can read what it says now." I say with a heavy sigh. "What does it say?" Roman asks with excitement. I chuckle at him and start to read. "My dearest friends, if you are reading this, I am long gone. I want you to carry out some final tasks for me to ensure my kingdom lives on. First, I know I will be split into two, so I want both of the creative sides to take the throne, not just one. Secondly, before they take the throne, I want them to be happily married or at least get them a partner. Finally, I want you to bring them here to read this. There are several things they still need to learn. I know you can do this for me, you have never failed me before. Take care my friends. Signed, Creativity."  Roman and I both smile at the discovery. "Looks like you were right Hot Topic." He says, and I immediately begin to smirk. "Aw, you think I'm hot." I say. Princey blushes furiously as I fight back laughter. "S-shut up emo." He grumbles which makes me giggle. We walk back to the mind palace telling jokes and laughing.

(Roman's POV)

All the way back I can only think about one thing. Marriage? He wants us to be married before we take the throne? Finding Remus a husband is easy, I already know Janus has a thing for him dispite trying to hide it, but me? Who would I marry? Patton's a better match with Logan, Janus likes Remus, and Virgil probably doesn't even like me like that. "Sooo, how the hell are we going to get you and your brother husbands?" Virgil asks. "Well I know Janus has a thing for Remus, but for me I have no idea." I say. He gives me an evil smirk. "I knew it! I knew he had a thing for Remus!" He says excitedly. Before I can even process what happened, Virgil was on his phone and about to text my brother. "Hold on, I'll video call him instead so he knows we aren't lying, come on!" Virgil says as he grabs my hand and pulls me to his room, I can't help but blush. He dives onto his bed and dials Remus' number. "Wow, I'm not the only one up at three in the morning? Surprising." I hear my brother's tone. "Well duh, nightmares remember?" Virgil responds. Remus nods. "So what's up virgin?" He asks smiling. Virgil rolls his eyes. "I found some writing in the imagination that I was able to translate. It's a message from King Creativity. Part of the message said that before you and Princey can take the throne, both of you have to be married." Virgil starts. Remus seems to be interested in what Virgil has to say so he motions for him to continue. "So you know how you have a tiny crush on Dee, right?" Remus nods continuing to pay attention. "So Roman says that he's picked up some hints that Dee might also have a crush on you." He says. Remus looks surprised. "Are you sure? Me? How?" He starts to have a little gay panic attack. "Well you are loyal to him no matter what, you can calm him down when he has one of his rage fits, and you know him better than any other side. I doubt he wouldn't catch feelings. But there is a way to be completely sure before you ask him out." Virgil says. "What is it? How can I tell?" Remus asks. "Leave him a rose in his favorite color by his door and watch closely but dont get caught. Make sure it's obvious that you left it. If he blushes, he likes you for sure." Virgil states. Wow, that's actually a pretty cool trick. Remus summons a yellow rose and grabs a piece of paper to write a note. "From your favorite trash monster." He says as he writes, then he tapes the note to the flower. He grabs his phone to show us what he was doing. He tip toes to Janus' door and gently sets the the flower down. He knocks three times and tip toes behind his own door.

(Janus' POV)

I hear a knock on my door and I'm slightly confused. What is anyone doing up at this hour? I set my book down and check the door. I'm surprised to see a yellow rose with a note on it. Whoever did this must have known that yellow roses were my favorite. I pick up the flower and read the the note which causes me to blush and smile. "Of course." I say chuckling as I return to my room. I put the rose in a green vase on my end table. Okay maybe my crush on Remus isn't as tiny as I originally thought. I pick up my book and continue to read, wondering if he actually feels the same about me.

(Remus' POV)

"I saw it! He blushed! He likes you!" Virgil and Roman tell me. I try not to squeal in excitement keeping in mind that Janus is right next door. "Okay but how the hell am I gonna ask him out? No matter how I look at it it just seems to be kinda creepy." I say as I sigh in defeat. "You could always do the cupcake trick." Virgil suggests. "What's the cupcake trick?" Roman and I both ask. Virgil rolls his eyes. "You bake some cupcakes and you can do whatever with the others but you take one and go up to your crush. You ask them repeatedly if they want the cupcake then ask them if they want to go on a date. Nine times outta ten, it works." Virgil explains. I was expecting my brother to know all of these things because he was the romantic side, but apparently not. "How do you know?" I ask. He smiles. "I spend a lot of time on the internet." He says. Roman and I both look surprised. I was about to say something else but a note slid under my door. "What's that?" Virgil asks. I pick up the note. "Thanks for the rose, yellow roses are my favorite. Also you might want to check the kitchen counter." I read aloud. Virgil smirks and tells me to go. I grab my phone and head to the kitchen to see a stick of my favorite deodorant on the counter. I show the other two and they immediately confirm it. Janus likes me too.

Sooo, this is finally out. Sorry for the wait, I lost motivation for everything. But I am back and I hope you liked this chapter. Until next time!💜💙💚❤