It's just so... awkward

One more introduction chapter! Please dont give up on me! The next chapters will have more dialogues and I am open to suggestions. Please leave a comment about what you think of the story so far (:

L.A.X. I can't believe that I'm really here. The transfer came to pick me up at the airport and according to what Dan told me on the phone I have a maximum of 10 minutes to put my bags at the hotel and a driver will pick me up to take me to Paramount Studios, where Grey's Anatomy is recorded.

Grey's Anatomy is the series that I'm going to win a role in which I have no idea. And it may just be an extra position that I will have two episodes and I will have broken up and be going to college for nothing.

Another relevant thing is that I don't watch the series. I'm terrified of the hospital, doctors, so it's not really the genre that attracts me. I'm more of a "Gossip Girl" person. So Sex and the City, 90210 and etc. is definitely my series genre, so I had to watch some episodes from the first season of Grey's Anatomy on the flight. It sounds interesting, but how do they plan to get me to record a series if I don't speak fluent English and I just freeze when talking to a native speaker?Now, in the car, I can see the walk of fame and I wanted to ask the driver to stop the car to take a picture, but I only had a few minutes at the hotel, enough time to connect to the wifi and call my mom who you must be super worried in Brazil.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The only person I can communicate with here is Dan. I've never seen so many cameras and I confess that the set is very different from what it looks like in the series. I'm ashamed to be here, and every person who comes to talk to me looks like he doesn't understand anything I say.I'm sitting next to Dan while they explain my role to me on the show. Apparently I'm going to play Gwen Shepherd, Derek Shepherd's half sister. Gwen and Derek have the same mother, but she was raised by her father in Brazil and always spent the holidays with her mother and brothers in New York, where she met Mark Sloan, her romantic partner in the series.Not even the writers know for sure the relevance of Gwen in the series, which means that I will not give up on my college. I cannot give up my future for something so uncertain.

"Elizabeth, right?" Katherine Heigl asked me

Of course, I had read the biography of all the actors in the series on Wikipedia. Patrick Dempsey and Ellen Pompeo seem to live a romance like that between slaps and kisses, Justin Chambers a poker addict who has dated just about every ex Disney I grew up watching, Katherine Heigl who seems to live the same life as her character, Izzie Stevens, and Eric Dane who is also a poker addict and is or was married to Leighton Meester, my queen Blair Waldorf.

"Yes, and you are Katherine, you are even more beautiful in person"

"Oh, please stop. So, enjoying LA? You're brazilian, right?" Katherine said smiling all the time like she was in a toothpaste commercial

"Yes, actually I just arrived, I haven't seen anything about the city yet" I said

"And are you staying in a hotel?" She asks

"Yes, but as soon as I resolve the contract issues I will look for an apartment to rent" I said trying to look as natural as possible

"Sounds like a good plan, let me know if you need anything ok?" She said and walked away

I saw Dan walking towards me to say something but I had to cut him

"Where is the bathroom?" I asked

"Do you see that corridor? Third door on the right"

When I was coming out of the bathroom I saw that tall, blond man looking desperate to talk to me. It was Eric Dane.

"Hey, Elizabeth, right? I heard you talking to Katherine, I'm renting my apartment, are you interested?"

"Hi, nice to meet you, I don't know yet, I don't know about my contract, Dan is looking at everything while I stay at the hotel"

"From what I saw your role is fixed, it's a good role, you'll need a place to stay and my apartment is close to the set, Dan will do the paperwork later"

"Anyway, thanks so much for the offer, i will consider it" I said faking a smile because it was all very awkward

"Okay, I'll take you there to see the place today, if you like it, you can stay there today, Dan will do the paperwork for you later"

"Okay" I said with the most fake smile in the world, which certainly made him doubt my skills as an actress

I do ridiculous things when I'm under pressure. How to accept I came to another country for a dubious job and rented an apartment from an actor who seems to be getting divorced, according to TMZ rumors.

I started walking towards Dan again who noticed that I was nervous, we went to a room with a lawyer to handle all the paperwork for my trip, hotel, and contracts

When we were leaving the meeting wing I noticed that it was already dark and Eric Dane was waiting for me

"So, ready to go?"

"Yes, of course" I said smiling nervous

Okay, that was one of the strangest situations in my life. Being in a car with a Hollywood actor going to see an apartment he seems crazy about getting rid of.